× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Permissions removed on share after rsnyc backup takes place

mjruk
Follower

Permissions removed on share after rsnyc backup takes place

Hi,

I have two AD linked ReadyNAS RN2120V2 devices, each with a number of shares setup with permissions granted. I have rsync backup configured, so that the shares backup to the other respective server overnight. Each time the shares get backed up, the File Access permissions are removed on the destination server.  So the original share on the source server still has all the permissions intact, but the share in the destination folder is missing those same permissions. If I manually add them on the share in the destination server, they get removed when the next backup takes place.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Mark

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Permissions removed on share after rsnyc backup takes place

Hi @mjruk

What firmware version are you running? Do both NAS has the same UID? This has been resolved when OS 6.7.0 has been released.

If you have not updated your ReadyNAS units this might be the best time to do that or if they have different UiD or GUID then that might be the case why permissions are not being carried over.

Welcome to the community!

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Permissions removed on share after rsnyc backup takes place

Hi @mjruk

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements