× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Photos 2.0.6 Error when sending email

_TTT_
Aspirant

Photos 2.0.6 Error when sending email

Been using ReadyNAS Photos for years on various ReadyNAS machines - most recently on our 214 model. Sometime in the past few months, started getting a few errors when uploading or sending email links to albums. 

ReadyNAS FW 6.6.1

ReadyNAS Photos 2.0.6

ERROR #1

The first error when uploading photos (which are exported from Lightroom into a standard JPG file) is:

Internal Error! Please login again and report:

[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]

The only way to resolve this is to select all the photos in Windows Explorer, rotate 90 degrees clockwise, then rotate them 90 degrees counterclockwise so they're back to the original format. Then they can be uploaded. 

ERROR #2

This error is when sending the album email links:

Method: sendEmail

FaultString: SOAP Response cannot be decoded.

Raw response:

FaultCode: DecodingError FaultDetail: null

I haven't figured out a way to fix this. Here's what I've tried:

1) Uninstall ReadyNAS Photos, reboot, reinstall 2.0.6, reboot

2) Create different Photographer login

3) Setup different port on router for photos forwarding

4) Tried to find pkas's old script which will give the exact links the the albums to send out via email but couldn't find it

5) Tried Chrome and Internet Explorer

6) Updated Flash to latest version

What can I do to troubleshoot this?

Message 1 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Photos 2.0.6 Error when sending email

Hello _TTT_,

Have you tried on a different web browser?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 10
_TTT_
Aspirant

Yep, that was on my list of things I've tried:

5) Tried Chrome and Internet Explorer

They have identical behavior.

Thanks! I'm really hoping for an answer here 🙂

Message 3 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello _TTT_,

Please send system logs and include the link to this topic and a short description of your issue.

Regards,

Message 4 of 10
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi _TTT_,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 10
copymaster1
Initiate

I have the same problem
I would like a solution

Message 6 of 10
jak0lantash
Mentor

@copymaster1 wrote:

I have the same problem
I would like a solution

You might not like my suggestion, but if you want to use a photo gallery that isn't too difficult to get to fully work, I'd strongly advise you to find an alternative.

Imho, ReadyNAS Photos II didn't live up to expectations. Also, it doesn't seem to be under active development. The version 2.0.5 was available before mid-2015 (I don't know the exact time, but it was before that). And the version 2.0.6 was released to address compatibility issues with ReadyNAS OS 6.6.0.

I know Piwigo is available. I never used it on a ReadyNAS but did use it on dedicated web servers before and it works well.

There seems to also be Koken, though I don't know anything about it.

There are other alternatives like OwnCloud, if you want more than just a photo gallery.

Message 7 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@jak0lantash wrote:
...if you want to use a photo gallery ... I'd strongly advise you to find an alternative...

Me too.  AFAICT Netgear has abandoned it.

Plex might also be an option.

Message 8 of 10
jb22
Aspirant

Betreff: Photos 2.0.6 Error when sending email

I have the same problem.

If the photos are public, you can send a link. I don't want the photos in a public directory...

Message 9 of 10
NASguru
Apprentice

@jak0lantash wrote:

@copymaster1 wrote:

I have the same problem
I would like a solution

You might not like my suggestion, but if you want to use a photo gallery that isn't too difficult to get to fully work, I'd strongly advise you to find an alternative.

Imho, ReadyNAS Photos II didn't live up to expectations. Also, it doesn't seem to be under active development. The version 2.0.5 was available before mid-2015 (I don't know the exact time, but it was before that). And the version 2.0.6 was released to address compatibility issues with ReadyNAS OS 6.6.0.

I know Piwigo is available. I never used it on a ReadyNAS but did use it on dedicated web servers before and it works well.

There seems to also be Koken, though I don't know anything about it.

There are other alternatives like OwnCloud, if you want more than just a photo gallery.

I'll second that and currently use Piwigo myself on my NAS without issues.  However, Piwigo doesn't do multiple users/admins well and also doesn't support video.  Photos II would allow you to have complete seperate admins/instances where others could host their own photos as they see fit.  The only way to make this work in Piwigo is to grant each user admin rights which allows them visibility/access into everyone's photos.  In addition, security is essentially none existent in Piwigo since it doesn't support SSL/HTTPS or use obscurity in links for sharing like Photos II does.  It does allow you to use a username/password to protect your albums but it is of course sent in clear text due to lack of SSL/HTTPS.  Anyhow, I only ever share my albums with my family/friends so it's secure enough for it's purpose.  Lastly, I should mention there are a number of add-ons/plugins that provide additional functionality.  

I never tried OwnCloud but it looks interesting.  I wonder what's all required to support it though as I had to jump through some hoops to get Piwigo running due to lack of support and documentation on the SQL & PHP.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements