× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Photos II - HTML5 support?

NASguru
Apprentice

Photos II - HTML5 support?

So recently I posted an album on Photos II to share with family and friends.  I noticed that the shared link was prompting me for my login crendentials via Chrome on my Samsung Galaxy S7.  However, the same link worked fine using the browser that Samsung provided with the phone.  In addition, any desktop browser worked fine as did my friends iPhone Safari browser.  That said, I noticed via search that both Google and Apple intend to drop support for Adobe Flash which is what Photos II is built on.  I suspect there is no update plan for the older NAS such as mine which support has ended, but I am curious if the newer Photos II version on the newer NAS support HTML5.  If not, what are others using as an alternative?  I noticed both Piwigo and Koken both have been ported over as apps so I suspect some have made the jump to them after installing the backend SQL database.  

Thoughts?

ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus

Raidiator 4.2.30

Photos II Version 1.06

Model: MyMedia®|Find and play media files through NETGEAR genie®
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Photos II - HTML5 support?

Hi NASguru,

Photos II has been discontinued and will not be having its counterpart on the new OS6 series of ReadyNAS. For sharing of photo and other media or even remote access of your ReadyNAS, you can use ReadyCloud for it.

There are also apps for the ReadyNAS like Piwigo that may be able to provide you with Photo Album Database capability.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi NASguru,

Photos II has been discontinued and will not be having its counterpart on the new OS6 series of ReadyNAS. For sharing of photo and other media or even remote access of your ReadyNAS, you can use ReadyCloud for it.

There are also apps for the ReadyNAS like Piwigo that may be able to provide you with Photo Album Database capability.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
NASguru
Apprentice

@FramerV wrote:

Hi NASguru,

Regards,

I appreciate the feedback and figured that was the case.  It's too bad as the Photos II app worked well for my needs.  I'll probably go with with Piwigo or Koken moving forward as it just makes it easier to share photos/videos rather than having each user create an account.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements