× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Portainer setup: Local or Remote?

eton
Luminary

Portainer setup: Local or Remote?

https://i.imgur.com/1bJq1VE.jpg

Should Local be selected for managing local Docker containers on the NAS or should Remote with loopback IP be selected?

Why does this matter?

And how do I include an image? There is just a video button in the button row. And I can't find a advanced mode for edit code.

Message 1 of 6
tigerten
Luminary

Re: Portainer setup: Local or Remote?

Message 2 of 6
e330849420
Initiate

1just select local docker containers on your nas312

if you have another nas with docker for example nas314,you can select remote docker containers,it means that nas312 can manage the containers on nas314.

is it right?

2, now it's easy to upload a picture.just click the Photos icon.

you can see my picture?my nas is 31400

what puzzles me is how can containers write/read my nas's backup or apple folder?

Snipaste_2020-05-15_08-50-05.png

Message 3 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Since you are fairly new to the forum (or at least new to posting), most cannot see your picture until a moderator releases it.  It's an anti-SPAM thing.  But once you've established a "reputation" (which is automatic, I believe), that will no longer be the case.

You can se your own picture, which can confuse you if you aren't aware of the limitation.

Message 4 of 6
eton
Luminary

Thanks @Sandshark . This makes me like the new platform even more.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@eton wrote:

This makes me like the new platform even more.

Personally I do think it makes some sense to have human approval of posted images.  Most aren't a problem, but some are out-of-bounds, and some do leak some personal information.

I don't know what the policy is for putting things into that queue, but I do have the ability to release images in it.  I have released yours, so everyone can now see them.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements