× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Qbittorrent update

greenteagod
Aspirant

Yeah I'm just bummed because I'd read about the app add on capability, but it seems many of them are broken and out of date or don't work on this architecture. Not that I can complain too much since I don't know how to code, but still would be a very nice to have. It would let me decommission an entire system if I could get torrenting running on this.
Message 26 of 51
hfsamb
Aspirant

Hello,

I have adjusted to RNASOS and compiled qbittorrent 3.3.0 alpha to arm platform. I have tested it on NAS 102. 'Scan folders' and 'add from torrent file' was fixed. Link below.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ombmeuy48n1gry/qbittorrentr6_3.3.0_armel.deb

Enjoy.
Message 27 of 51
dsm1212
Apprentice

I've tried running 3.3.0alpha but that version was so new it appears it has not been whitelisted by some trackers yet. Which means those torrents won't download. So I went back to 3.2.0 again for now.

steve
Message 28 of 51
hfsamb
Aspirant

I am currently using my brand new 102 for development and application porting which I intend to use latter. After I have all apps I need I will do a factory restore and just install the built applications.

Do you know how long until alpha is released or rejected? I could revert to 3.2.0 if it takes too long.

Does 'add torrents from file' and 'scan watched folder' work in 3.2.0 version?
Message 29 of 51
MGD1
Aspirant

Just wondering if anyone can help.

I had Qbittorent open in Chrome on my tablet and closed it Chrome down. When I opened Chrome up again it was on the Qbittorent tab and went into a login loop which I couldn't login too or cancel and eventually left me with a message telling me my IP address had been banned for too many failed tries.

Has anyone experienced this and know how to remove it?

Thanks Heaps
Message 30 of 51
hfsamb
Aspirant

Easy solution is to uninstall and install it again.

If you want to keep your preferences then login with ssh and edit the config file.
/home/admin/.config/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf
Then look for IPFilter\BannedIPs=... and erase your tablet's IP.

Newer qb versions offer better browser compatility. Check the community dropbox.
Message 31 of 51
super_poussin
Virtuoso

Take a look in qbittorret folder in community Dropbox
Message 32 of 51
chopin70
Virtuoso

super-poussin wrote:
Take a look in qbittorret folder in community Dropbox

Thanks for the update

However, can you add the option to fully edit torrent trackers, like in uTorrent 3.3?

Actually, we can only add trackers.

uTorrent is slightly unstable on the long run. Sometimes torrents are not resumed on restart, sometimes it refuses to add torrents and it can be slow to request seeds/peers from tracker. Qbittorrent doesn't suffer from these issues
Message 33 of 51
shaunob1
Aspirant

Hello I installed qbittorrentr6_3.3.0_armel.deb from the dropbox folder but I can no longer log into the web ui. I have tried the default password of admin and adminadmin also my previous credentials but I just can't get it to work. It seems to be running fine. I have SSH access is there any files I can edit to remove the password or change it?

the .config/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf file is empty.

I would be greatful for any help to get this working thanks

Results of ldd /usr/bin/qbittorrent-nox
        libz.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libz.so.1 (0x40244000)
        libtorrent-rasterbar.so.8 => /usr/lib/libtorrent-rasterbar.so.8 (0x40262000)
        libboost_system.so.1.49.0 => /usr/lib/libboost_system.so.1.49.0 (0x4003a000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libpthread.so.0 (0x400e3000)
        libQtNetwork.so.4 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libQtNetwork.so.4 (0x4054e000)
        libQtCore.so.4 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libQtCore.so.4 (0x40680000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libstdc++.so.6 (0x40920000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libm.so.6 (0x40183000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x4010c000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libc.so.6 (0x409fb000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.3 (0x40065000)
        libssl.so.1.0.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libssl.so.1.0.0 (0x40b41000)
        libcrypto.so.1.0.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (0x40b93000)
        librt.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/librt.so.1 (0x400a8000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libdl.so.2 (0x400c7000)
        libglib-2.0.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0x40d00000)
        libpcre.so.3 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libpcre.so.3 (0x40136000)

Edit: I managed to get 1.0.3 working again by running apt-get purge qbittorrent-nox in SSH but I still would like to use the latest one any help would be great thanks.

Message 34 of 51
ATCIS
Tutor

Re: Qbittorrent update - FAILED

Can this update be installed from the GUI, or is it exclusively command line only?  I tried it from the GUI and got this error message:

ReadyNAS-Pro-2

Cannot install application D:\Downloads\qbittorrentr6_3.3.0_amd64.deb

Thanks in advance!

Message 35 of 51
StephenB
Guru

@ATCIS wrote:

Can this update be installed from the GUI, or is it exclusively command line only?  I tried it from the GUI and got this error message:

ReadyNAS-Pro-2

Thanks in advance!

.deb is for OS 6, not OS 4.2.  there's a TransmissionBT add-on available from WhoChares for the Pro (with a small charge) at rnxtras.com

I don't recall seeing any references to a qbittorrent add-on packaged for 4.2.x firmware. 

Message 36 of 51
ATCIS
Tutor

@StephenB wrote:

.deb is for OS 6, not OS 4.2.  there's a TransmissionBT add-on available from WhoChares for the Pro (with a small charge) at rnxtras.com

I don't recall seeing any references to a qbittorrent add-on packaged for 4.2.x firmware. 

It's not on 4.2.  It's on v6.4. . .

Message 37 of 51
ATCIS
Tutor

Re: Qbittorrent update - FAILED [SOLVED]

@ATCIS wrote:

ReadyNAS-Pro-2

Thanks in advance!

In case anyone else runs in to this same issue, I was able to answer my own question (since no one else chimed in).  Here is how I did it:

1. Upload qbittorrentr6_3.3.0_amd64.deb to a directory on the NAS of your choosing (I used /root)
  2. (Credit to @h3nk3t for this idea from and earlier post) apt-get purge qbittorrent-nox  (removes remnants of version 1.03)
  3. apt-get install qbittorrent-nox (updates qbittorrent-nox to version 2.9.x)
  4. dpkg -i qbittorrentr6_3.3.0_amd64.deb apt-get install -f  <--- I'm not a Linux Guru, so I'm not sure that last part was required 
  5. Profit !!!

Success

Message 38 of 51
chrispeachey
Aspirant

Hello, Iv been looking for a solution to this for a while, i have a background in IT but never gone into coding etc. can someone point me in the right direction to updating qbittorrent on my nas? i see these instructions here but dont know how to get to this stage. have very basic command promt skills so once rolling i should be ok.

Message 39 of 51
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi chrispeachey,

The latest Qbittorrent add-on version for OS 6 is 1.0.3. Do you have the same version installed in your machine? Are you having problems too?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 40 of 51
chrispeachey
Aspirant

Yeh. Thats the app store version. Hasnt worked for a few fw updates now. How to i load the new versions manually? I have a rn102 with newest fw update. When i open qbittorrent it opens and it all seems to be working. Apart from adding torrents. Nothing shows up anywhere after i add them
Message 41 of 51
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi chrispeachey,

Let's ask the developer @super_poussin for some help.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 42 of 51
chrispeachey
Aspirant

no go then...

Message 43 of 51
ATCIS
Tutor

@chrispeachey wrote:

no go then...

Did you happen to try the step by step instructions provided five (6 including this one) posts ago?  If so, and it did NOT work, please provide some additional details as to where things went wrong. . .

Model: ReadyNASRNDP6620|ReadyNAS Pro 6 12TB (6 x 2TB Enterprise)
Message 44 of 51
chrispeachey
Aspirant

"

In case anyone else runs in to this same issue, I was able to answer my own question (since no one else chimed in).  Here is how I did it:

1. Upload qbittorrentr6_3.3.0_amd64.deb to a directory on the NAS of your choosing (I used /root)
  2. (Credit to h3nk3t for this idea from and earlier post) apt-get purge qbittorrent-nox  (removes remnants of version 1.03)
  3. apt-get install qbittorrent-nox (updates qbittorrent-nox to version 2.9.x)
  4. dpkg -i qbittorrentr6_3.3.0_amd64.deb apt-get install -f  <--- I'm not a Linux Guru, so I'm not sure that last part was required 
  5. Profit !!!

"

these instructions? i dont know how to get to this stage? hence why i asked for instructions the following post...

Message 45 of 51
ATCIS
Tutor

@chrispeachey wrote:

these instructions? i dont know how to get to this stage? hence why i asked for instructions the following post...

So, are you telling me you are stuck at STEP 1 ?

If so, have you enabled ROOT access on the ReadyNAS in question?

What operating system are you using to SSH into your ReadyNAS? 

Message 46 of 51
chrispeachey
Aspirant

i dont know SSH, iv heard about it. never done it... hence why id like some instructions.

Message 47 of 51
ATCIS
Tutor

I asked you three (3) questions above.  You answered zero (0).  Try again. . .

Message 48 of 51
chrispeachey
Aspirant

Re: Qbittorrent updateyour

Q1 - yes... im telling you im stuck on step 1... hence why iv asked for instructions to get to this stage several times now... i just want a quick... you enable this, you reset your nas and boot into this mode... you then install this program and bam.. you are now at step 1... is it that hard?????

Q2 - NO but i can, iv seen that floating around in the setting before

Q3 - as stated before i have not used SSH... so are you refering to the OS as in windows/mac etc? or the specific software im using to SSH? BTW its windows 7 64bit.

Message 49 of 51
ATCIS
Tutor

@chrispeachey wrote:

i have a background in IT but never gone into coding etc.  

i see these instructions here but dont know how to get to this stage. have very basic command promt skills so once rolling i should be ok.

Q1 - yes... im telling you im stuck on step 1... hence why iv asked for instructions to get to this stage several times now... i just want a quick... you enable this, you reset your nas and boot into this mode... you then install this program and bam.. you are now at step 1... is it that hard?????

Q2 - NO but i can, iv seen that floating around in the setting before

Q3 - as stated before i have not used SSH... so are you refering to the OS as in windows/mac etc? or the specific software im using to SSH? BTW its windows 7 64bit.

Okay, let's take it from the top - When you say you "have a background in IT", based on what I've read so far, it is obvious that you have never done any Linux/UNIX System Administration.  You are aware that your ReadyNAS is running a customized version of Debian Linux right?

RE - Q1: You said ". . .is it that hard?????"  Thinking back about the very first time I did any Linux/UNIX System Administration - YES it was very hard indeed Smiley Frustrated

RE - Q2: You must enable SSH (root) Access as seen in the image below

Enable SSH - root access

RE - Q3: Since you are not using an operating system with a native SSH client, you must first install one.  One such software package is called "PuTTY: a free SSH and Telnet client".  Since you appear to have reservations about utilizing a search engine to find any information on your own, I'll provide you with the URL where this software can be found - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

As it has become painfully obvious that I am the only one monitoring this thread who is going to help you - you might as well install "FileZilla" as well, and that can be found here - https://filezilla-project.org/ .  Be sure to install the CLIENT not the SERVER package. . . 

That should keep you busy for a while.  I have to sign off for now.  It's 3 AM here, and I have to get a few hours of sleep before work later today. . .  

Message 50 of 51
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 50 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements