× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN10400 PURCHASED LATE OCTOBER 2013 INSTALLING ADDITIONAL 8TB DRIVE PURCHASED JANUARY 2022

JerryD1
Aspirant

RN10400 PURCHASED LATE OCTOBER 2013 INSTALLING ADDITIONAL 8TB DRIVE PURCHASED JANUARY 2022

Have a RN104 unit with a 4TB 100% used disc in drive slot 1, a 4TB NAS empty drive in slot 2 and  8TB new NAS drive in slot 3.

I cannot upload the Netgear information to allow the software to be uploaded.and new drives to be installed

Netgear Software is 6.0.4.

Using Kaspersky Cloud antivirus and MS Edge browser

TP Archer VR2800 is router.

NETGEAR ReadyNAS RAIDar show green dot on left side 

All 3 drive lights are blue

Ethernet cable at rear flashing green

ReadyCLOUD does not allow the ndiscovery of the NAS Unit

With RAIDar set keep getting message  that 'This site cannot be reached. 192.168.1.100 refused to connect Try checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall. and 'ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Another message says allow Chrome to access to Network.in your firewall or antivirus settings

The data on Drive 1 is fully accessable from the computer

Internet is fully accessible using MS Edge and Chrome and no problems with my emails.

|I do not want to lose the data on the 4TB slot 1 disc

I am at a loss how to resolve the above

Any help would be much appreciated

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN10400 PURCHASED LATE OCTOBER 2013 INSTALLING ADDITIONAL 8TB DRIVE PURCHASED JANUARY 2022

I think the best strategy is to copy off the files while they are accessible (purchasing a USB drive if necessary).

Message 2 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: RN10400 PURCHASED LATE OCTOBER 2013 INSTALLING ADDITIONAL 8TB DRIVE PURCHASED JANUARY 2022

Why are you using ReadyCloud?  Use the local https admin interface, which you can enter using the "Admin Page" button in RAIDar.

Letting a drive get to 100% use can cause problems.  Hopefully, you can work past them and get some of the data onto another drive.

Message 3 of 5
JerryD1
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion of using the admin button in RAIDar but unfortunately when this has previuously been tried and again this time without success.

The response is 'This site can't be reached 192.168.1.100 refused to connect Try checking the connection, Checking the proxy nd the fire wall ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED'.

I am considering either reducing the size of the slot 1 data and retrying  OR replacing the used disk in slot with the 4TB new unused disk and then doing a reset, then swapping them back.

Thank you for your above suggestion

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

OK, so did you check to see if your security software or browser security settings are stopping you from connecting to the local Admin page?  The NAS uses a self-signed certificate, which would be considered risky if you didn't own the device yourself.  It is unfortunate that these software products don't have a setting to ignore that on the local network.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements