× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN214 Plex Fails To Stop

flhthemi
Aspirant

RN214 Plex Fails To Stop

The latest versions of Plex are having stop issues on RN214. Also it would not uninstall. I had to SSH in to remove it. Could also not stop it from an SSH session. I don't know if it's Plex or the RN214 FW V6.10.0 hotfix. Thought I would ask here to see if any other people are having this issue and because Plex support doesn't seem to exist on their forum. Been waiting all month for an answer from them.

Currently V1.14.1.5488 is the las working version. All updates after that fail.

Message 1 of 5
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

The 6.10.0 release did not introduce any changes to starting/stopping apps. These type of issues are typically related to the apps' service configuration file or the app service itself. I see there is a newer version of Plex that is available. Upgrading the app might be a good first step.

Message 2 of 5
flhthemi
Aspirant

@OOM-9 wrote:

The 6.10.0 release did not introduce any changes to starting/stopping apps. These type of issues are typically related to the apps' service configuration file or the app service itself. I see there is a newer version of Plex that is available. Upgrading the app might be a good first step.

Nope, it's a bad move. Totally caused me to have to start Plex over fresh. Plex forums has had info from several others, as well as myself,  about the issue. There are several posts about it all the way back to late March. No replies at all from their staff about the issue. Yet they seem to be working hard on Synology issues. This lack of support for Netgear NAS devices makes one think they might have made a bad move using Plex and Ready NAS.

Thanks for your reply!

Message 3 of 5
bedlam1
Prodigy

Or that Synology is more problematic

Message 4 of 5
heywheelie
Tutor

Ever since Plex released the "new code" PMS 1.15.x it has not worked properly on the readyNAS.  I had to revert back to 1.14.1.5488 and it works perfectly but I am still on the old 6.9.5 Hoitfix 1 firmware.

If you have a readyNAS avoid PMS 1.15.x stay with 1.14.1.5488

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements