× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RND4210 V3 READYNAS NV+ - NEW MACHINE WITH OLD DISKS

bmcdonald666
Aspirant

RND4210 V3 READYNAS NV+ - NEW MACHINE WITH OLD DISKS

My old ReadyNAS NV+ died and would not power-up. I was able to purchase a second hand machine and now need to know how to fit my old disks to operate this machine without losing any of the data.

So far I have fitted a blank hard-drive to start-up the machine and update the software.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@bmcdonald666

Welcome to the Community!

RND4210 V3 on the label I think should be NV+ V1 running OS 4.1,. to make sure kindly check this article and see if it is a NV+  V1 or V2.

Now, if you purchased the same model or a model with the same firmware (OS 4.1 for V1 or OS 5.3 for V2) then you will just need to insert the old disks unto the bays after you have setup/updated the firmware. If you have purchased a NAS with OS 6 Firmware, you can still get your data accessible by following a few instructions and calling Support as well. Please see this article.

Note though that if you have a NV+ V1 and have purchased V2 or vice versa then data will not be compatible or will not be accessible. You will have to try to recover the data using a 3rd party software like ReCLAIMe or other software recommended by other members.

HTH

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@bmcdonald666

Welcome to the Community!

RND4210 V3 on the label I think should be NV+ V1 running OS 4.1,. to make sure kindly check this article and see if it is a NV+  V1 or V2.

Now, if you purchased the same model or a model with the same firmware (OS 4.1 for V1 or OS 5.3 for V2) then you will just need to insert the old disks unto the bays after you have setup/updated the firmware. If you have purchased a NAS with OS 6 Firmware, you can still get your data accessible by following a few instructions and calling Support as well. Please see this article.

Note though that if you have a NV+ V1 and have purchased V2 or vice versa then data will not be compatible or will not be accessible. You will have to try to recover the data using a 3rd party software like ReCLAIMe or other software recommended by other members.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements