× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready Cloud Create web Link Security

bigswami
Aspirant

Ready Cloud Create web Link Security

Hello All,

I am looking to use the Readycloud Create Web Link function to create a Web portal with password for remote access for Home owners.

I just wanted to ask, does anyone know how good this function is and have they had any trouble with it in the past?

and 

How strong is the security on this function? It has 12 diget alpha numeric password with coded weblink.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Model: RN628X|ReadyNAS 628X - Ultimate Performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bay
Message 1 of 2
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Ready Cloud Create web Link Security

@bigswami

Good to hear from you again

IMO, the Share link feature of ReadyCloud is as good as any other share link features of Cloud services. With regards to security, only the folder you chose will be shared to the Home owners you sent the link to and they will only be able to view or download the files but modification on the files or adding files to the share folder will not be possible.

This is different when you provide access to the share folder, it is also secure but the users will have to register for a ReadyCloud account.

I haven't encountered any issues with the share link aside from when the NAS itself is turned off or goes offline or when ReadyCloud servers are the ones offline.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements