× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS 102 / Users see the folders but not the files / Over the Mobile App

Max_Maas
Tutor

Ready NAS 102 / Users see the folders but not the files / Over the Mobile App

Dear Support,

As mentioned in the subject, trying to explore my file throught the Mobile App:

- it works fine logging in as admin.

- but when the users which I gave access to their related share, use the App logging-in by their credentials (email received and PW created) they can browse the folders and the subfolders but cannot see any file.

Can you please help me out?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Massimo

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Ready NAS 102 / Users see the folders but not the files / Over the Mobile App

This can happen if you add users to a share already containing files.  I'm not sure why, but there is a fix:

In the Share settings File Access tab for the affected share(s), select Reset, then click the button to do the reset.  It can take a little time, so the NAS will display an alert and put it in the log when the process is complete.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Ready NAS 102 / Users see the folders but not the files / Over the Mobile App

This can happen if you add users to a share already containing files.  I'm not sure why, but there is a fix:

In the Share settings File Access tab for the affected share(s), select Reset, then click the button to do the reset.  It can take a little time, so the NAS will display an alert and put it in the log when the process is complete.

Message 2 of 3
Max_Maas
Tutor

Hello Sandshark,

Apologies for the late reply, I'm abroad and I don't have fully access to internet.

I'll apply your suggestios as soon as I'll be back home after the Xmas holidays.

Thanks for your prompt reply, 

Enjoy your Xmas time too.

Massimo

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements