× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS 4220 disk missing

atarkov
Aspirant

Ready NAS 4220 disk missing

nas4220 disk.pngGood afternoon! We have Netgear ReadyNAS 4220, raid 5 is assembled. In the web interface, it shows that one disk is missing. I bought one and installed it in place of the old one, but it still shows that the disk is missing. What can be done?
Thank you.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ready NAS 4220 disk missing

@atarkov wrote:

Good afternoon! We have Netgear ReadyNAS 4220, raid 5 is assembled. In the web interface, it shows that one disk is missing. I bought one and installed it in place of the old one, but it still shows that the disk is missing. What can be done?
Thank you.

Is it the same model as the others?

Have you tried testing it (or the older disk it replaced) in a PC?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@atarkov wrote:

Good afternoon! We have Netgear ReadyNAS 4220, raid 5 is assembled. In the web interface, it shows that one disk is missing. I bought one and installed it in place of the old one, but it still shows that the disk is missing. What can be done?
Thank you.

Is it the same model as the others?

Have you tried testing it (or the older disk it replaced) in a PC?

Message 2 of 4
atarkov
Aspirant

The new and old disk are defined in the PC. Exactly the same disc was not on sale took the most similar.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Well, either the bay has failed or the disk has failed in a way that makes it undetectable.

Looks like it is almost certainly the bay in your case.

You can test this by powering down, and removing all the disks (labeling by bay).  The power up the NAS with the new disk in bay 1.  It should do a factory install.  After the setup, power down and move the disk to the suspect bay, and see if the NAS boots normally when you power up.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements