× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud App keeps timing out

cooperbro3
Follower

ReadyCloud App keeps timing out

I have a RN422 NAS. I am running version 6.10.3. I am having issues connecting to it remotely. 

On my phone (Samsung Note10 Plus, running Android Version 10, One UI Version 2.1) I am using the latest app (2.0.7) and when I log in, I see my NAS online, and when I go to connect, it spins and spins for about 10 seconds, and then says: "You have no shares on this device". and a small bubble at the bottom will also pop up and say "Timeout". 

I have tried using Chrome browswer on my Cell Phone and going in that way, to which it will show my NAS online, however under the Data it says: No Volumnes or USB Disks". It will not show my folders that I have. 

I have also tried going in through a new laptop computer, going to readycloud.netgear.com and I get the same issue as when I was trying to go through Chrome on my cell phone. 

Trouble Shooting Tips I've done: 

1. Rebooting the NAS. 

2. Uninstalling the App, and re-installing it. 

3. Clearing all cache and cookies on device. 

4. Restarted Cell phone. 

5. Tried with wifi on and off. 

6. Tried with different logins. 

7. Tried different browswers. 

All of these attemps did not work. 

Locally, I am able to access my NAS. I have the ReadyCloud app downloaded to my laptop computer and am able to log in and view my files fine. I can also go through the broswer and access them fine as well. 

Issues that need to be looked into:

1. Issues with Mobile connection (both on the Mobile app, and logging in through a browser on a mobile phone)

2. Issue with Readycloud.netgear.com not able to see files on NAS on a new computer (even with same login credentials). 

Model: RN4220S|ReadyNAS 4220 2xSFP+ (chassis only)
Message 1 of 2
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud App keeps timing out

@copperbro3

Welcome to the Community!

If you can access your ReadyNAS using ReadyCloud App when on your Local Network. It is possible that the NAS is not connecting on the Internet,

You may want to go to the Admin page and under the Cloud tab, you may want to check if Internet and Services shows up with a Green checkmark.

Checking the Network Tab for the NIC settings is also a good Idea. Also, try toggling the ReadyCloud service on the Admin page.

HTH

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements