× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud Desktop App Killing Ethernet Internet Connection

Guvner
Follower

ReadyCloud Desktop App Killing Ethernet Internet Connection

Installed the latest Windows 10 security and feature updates this week. Since then I lose my ethernet internet connection on my PC when the ReadyCloud desktop app tries to connect. ReadyCloud stalls on the "Connecting" sequence, that's when ethernet internet dies. I am still showing as having a healthy ethernet connection, just no internet.

It has taken me about a day of lost work to figure out ReadyCloud desktop app was the cause; I have:

- checked cables

- checked router

- reinstalled the Windows updates

- reinstalled ethernet drivers (checked for latest)

- uninstalled & reinstalled the ethernet adapter

- reinstalled ReadyCloud (latest version v1.19)

I concluded it was ReadyCloud by not allowing the desktop app to start after boot, and the ethernet internet remained on for six hours without issue.  I then launched ReadyCloud desktop app and ethernet internet died when ReadyCloud attempted to connect. I can connect using wifi subsequently.

I'm running a Dell XPS13 laptop, with latest Windows 10 x64 feature and security updates from this week (1/15/20) and a NAS RN42200. ReadyCloud v1.19. Exact setup has been working well until this week. 

Any ideas welcome but I assume I have to wait for Netgear to make a ReadyCloud update.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Guvner27
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud Desktop App Killing Ethernet Internet Connection

Received no feedback on this topic.  Finally, I reinstalled windows and all apps including ReadyCloud.  Problem seems solved and working as it did before the Windows Update. One week after the reinstall I'm ready to call this one resolved, assuming that something went awry with the update. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Guvner27
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud Desktop App Killing Ethernet Internet Connection

Received no feedback on this topic.  Finally, I reinstalled windows and all apps including ReadyCloud.  Problem seems solved and working as it did before the Windows Update. One week after the reinstall I'm ready to call this one resolved, assuming that something went awry with the update. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements