× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud only uploading low resolution photos to ReadyNAS 102 from iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 7

GBeef
Aspirant

ReadyCloud only uploading low resolution photos to ReadyNAS 102 from iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 7

Hi I've just realised that all of the photos backed up from my IPhones via ReadyCloud seem to be lower resolution than they are stored on the phone itself. In each case there is plenty of space on both the phone and the ReadyNAS itself. Does anyone have any suggestions? I cannot see a setting on the ReadyCloud App or on the iPhone Setting for camera or photos that says I want to back up at lower resolution. My iPhone 6S Plus backs up via iTunes to a computer but and my iPhone 7 (work phone) backs up separately to iCloud if that helps Thanks G
Model: ReadySHARE Vault|Backup your files on your PC
Message 1 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud only uploading low resolution photos to ReadyNAS 102 from iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 7

Hi GBeef,

We just tried on it on our end and the photos backed up from iPhone to ReadyNAS via ReadyCLOUD are on the same resolution. We just need some more information regarding your issue:

1. Are the iPhones connected on the same network with the NAS?

2. Are you backing up the photos using mobile data or WiFi?

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
GBeef
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud only uploading low resolution photos to ReadyNAS 102 from iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 7

Hi

Normally I am backing up whilst at home so on the same network as the NAS drive. Occasionally I am on a different network (eg remote upload if I’m on holiday to back up in case the phone gets lost etc). Either way issue seems to be the same. In any case I’m always using Wi-Fi and not mobile data

Cheers
Gareth
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements