× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 - 6.9.0 - Can't install/start apps

Matrix828
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 - 6.9.0 - Can't install/start apps

I was running into some issues regarding the PLEX app, so I updated it to the latest version (plexmediaserver-ros6-binaries_1.9.7.4460-a39b25852_armel.deb). Since then I experienced some connectivity issues from within plex - I updated the firmware of the nas from either 6.5.X or 6.6.X to 6.9.0 and since then the plex app would refuse to start (error code 22002010000)

I tried following the instructions here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Current-NETGEAR-and-Partners/PLEX-is-failing-to-initialize-with-err... but I could find no plexmediaserver.pid file.

Now the plex app fails to launch, and I cannot install other applications either through the 'Available Apps' or 'Upload' routes.

I'm cautious to uninstall and reinstall PLEX as ages back my system was bricked (and fixed by the fab tech support guys) but I wouldn't want it to do it again incase there's warranty issues.

Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 - 6.9.0 - Can't install/start apps

What about on 6.9.1?

Message 2 of 4
Matrix828
Aspirant

Aha! This fixed the plex issue! EDIT: Nevermind, still broken! App does show as on though.

However now I can't seem to update apps, nor can I connect through SMB?

Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you still have this problem?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements