× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 212 - Mac backs up successfully using timemachine but restore doesn’t find current backup

Trmmcd
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 212 - Mac backs up successfully using timemachine but restore doesn’t find current backup

I have a ReadyNAS 212 running the latest firmware 6.10.6 and a Mac running BigSur 11.6.2.  The Mac is backuping up successfully to the NAS, but if I go to restore from backup, the most recent backup is not found.  I see backups from over a year ago. This problem emerged when another Mac which had been backing up to this server was sent in for service.  I went to restore from backup and it couldn't find it.   I have been using a second Mac to diagnose the problem. I believe the files but neither I nor the MAC is able to find them.

I also have not been able to find the sparesebundles looking directly on the ReadyNAS.   When I perform backups I have been connecting the NAS with the ReadyNAS login.

If I connect to the share from my MAC as ReadyNAS,  a ReadyNAS folder appears in the finder, but if I click on the ReadyNAS folder I get the error "the operation can't be completed because the original item for "ReadyNAS" can't be found".

Any help or guidance woudl be appreciated.  I really need to find the backup for the repaired machine.

I should also say that many times previously I have had success restoring from backup so this definitely worked at some point in time.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements