× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 2304 and TimeMachine and Wasabi

jazon72
Follower

ReadyNAS 2304 and TimeMachine and Wasabi

I have Time Machine working on my ReadyNAS 2304, and am now trying to get cloud backup to Wasabi. The TimeMachine backups are located at /data/.timemachine so I'm trying to setup Wasabi to back up the "/data" directory. Unfortunately, the setup window will only let me choose a sub-folder under data, not that folder itself (the label just trust red if only "/data" is in the local path field, and the window won't complete the setup.

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 2304 and TimeMachine and Wasabi

TimeMachine does not maintain a 1:1 folder and file system copy which could be replicated to a random cloud file system. You can access TimeMachine data using a APFS or APFS Encrypted volume only. This is what TimeMachine is using on e NAS like ReadyNAS use - never a native NAS file system. There is no bad will by the NAS vendor that ReadyNAS or other NAS do hide this special volume in a hidden folder. This is just an implementation nicking a TimeCapsule or a local TimeMachine volume.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements