× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 312 ReadyNAS Photos II not sending Invites

Bigcoop12
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 312 ReadyNAS Photos II not sending Invites

I have not been able to send invites, The system said Invite sent but I never receive it, I have tried sending to many different email addreses and I have check in the junk mail folders. I have run diagnostic and it comes back all ok. This is gone on for a very long time and no solution. I have uninstall the Photo ii and reinstall it and still no invite sent. I think this is a Netgear problem. I see other post with the same problems but most of them are close due to inactivity. Need help

Message 1 of 22
StephenB
Guru

What firmware are you running?

Message 2 of 22
Bigcoop12
Aspirant

Yes I am up todate firmware is 6.7.5

Message 3 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Bigcoop12,

The latest is 6.8.0. If your NAS is not detecting it when you check for updates, it must be because it is not uploaded yet to the update server. You may download it and upgrade the firmware manually.

Regards,

Message 4 of 22
Astranomical
Aspirant

I am having this problem too. I previously had the same issue in early 2015 (see topic "ReadyNAS Photos II not sending Invites #24755757") which was resolved by an action occuring on the backend. I cannot remember what the action was but I think it was as simple as a reboot or cache flush. Netgear Moderator "mdgm" assisted in resolving the issue then. Nothing was needed on my device. I would be great if someone at Netgear could look into the history of this previous case and perform the same action again!

Message 5 of 22
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Astranomical

Upon checking the ticket, there must have been a problem on one of our servers back then which has been resolved and for that you were able to send the invite. 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 22
Astranomical
Aspirant

Upon checking the ticket, there must have been a problem on one of our servers back then which has been resolved and for that you were able to send the invite. 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Yes - that is what I recall. I would say you have the same issue again as I am having exactly the same symptoms (I go through the motions to send an invite and get a confirmation "Inviatation has been sent" but no email every arrives at any email address I have tried to send to) that I cannot resolved at my end (reboot, restart RNP2 etc). As such, can you please check your servers to see if the out going emails are getting stuck and resolve as per last time?

Message 7 of 22
Bigcoop12
Aspirant

I have installed the new firmware and still same issue. This is on Netgears end.

Message 8 of 22
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Astranomical,

@Bigcoop12,

There is a possibility we are encounter an issue I may need to check this with others who can probably assist us and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 22
Astranomical
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick action Marty_M. I look forward to hearing what you find.

Message 10 of 22
Astranomical
Aspirant

I just asked a friend who also has a ReadyNAS running RNP2 to test if he can send invite emails and he also cannot.

Message 11 of 22
marcusc1
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem. No invitees emails sent even though the photo2 app says it has. I have RN314 with OS 6.8.0. Just (re)installed the Photo2 app fresh.

Message 12 of 22
DaveLester
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem. No invitees emails sent even though the photo2 app says it has. I have DuoV2

Does anyone know if Netgear has issue with servers that relay mail?

Message 13 of 22
Astranomical
Aspirant

@Marty_M wrote:

@Astranomical,

@Bigcoop12,

There is a possibility we are encounter an issue I may need to check this with others who can probably assist us and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Hi Marty_M,

Any update on how you are going with this? Seems more and more people are reporting the issue.

Message 14 of 22
Astranomical
Aspirant

Hi Marty_M,

It has now been a very long time since this issue was re-raised. Can you please provide a status and an outlook to be resolved? The silence seems to indicate nothing is happening.

Message 15 of 22
marcusc1
Aspirant

I agree. We need a solution to this. Otherwise the Photo app is useless

Message 16 of 22
Bigcoop12
Aspirant

Has this been resolved.. There has been no update and this is still a problem

Message 17 of 22
Astranomical
Aspirant

As you have noticed it has not been resolved. Nothing what so ever from Netgear for months. Totally pathetic.

Like many people on here I am an 'influencer' and based on the support I have recieved on this case and with a friends ReadyNAS I have been recommending against Netgear products for months and myself now have an ASUS router. Let's just say won't be going back and my next NAS will also be something different. Simply sick of Netgear's service.

Message 18 of 22
Astranomical
Aspirant

I ***STILL*** have this issue. Has it been resolved for anyone else as yet?

Message 19 of 22
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 20 of 22
Astranomical
Aspirant

Thanks mdgm,

That explains a lot. It is a shame but I guess it was always a matter of time given the age of the device. That said my ReadyNAS is so bullet proof that I still can't see why I would need to upgrade it as per the suggested "solution" in the article you linked to.

I guess I need to look into putting OS 6 onto my ReadyNAS NVX - I understand it is possible but not supported. Or finding another service elsewhere - what have others changed to?

Message 21 of 22
StephenB
Guru

@Astranomical wrote:

I guess I need to look into putting OS 6 onto my ReadyNAS NVX - I understand it is possible but not supported. 

You can upgrade 4.2.x systems that use 64 bit architectures to OS-6, but not systems that use 32 bit architectures.   Unfortunately the NVX is 32 bit.

Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements