× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 424 Dropbox Sync

jglazer63
Tutor

ReadyNAS 424 Dropbox Sync

Is there a way to have Ready NAS automatically download dropbox updates?  I know there's a setting for download sync that does virtually nothing.  At least not after a while.  I've had files on Dropbox that I assumed were going to get downloaded but they never have.  I have to delete and re-add the app to get it to start syncing again.  I switch from WD MYCLOUD because it's dropbox app sucked too.   Can someone help me here.  Maybe I am just missing something.  Generally I like Netgear stuff but I am sitting dissapointed now that this simple app is failing me.

Model: RN424|ReadyNAS 424 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 424 Dropbox Sync

@jglazer63

Welcome to the Community!

NAS will automatically be updated if there are changes on your Dropbox folder that is chosen when you setup the Cloud service, you will have to choose Bidirectional or download Dropbox changes only. Do you have ReadyCloud service enabled as well?

You should also check if you have Both Internet and Services enabled by getting two Green checks on top of the Cloud services option. There should also be a green dot beside the Dropbox icon that serves as an indicator that Dropbox cloud is enabled on your NAS. I have my Dropbox setup on my NAS and it works fine until now.

HTH

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jglazer63

Welcome to the Community!

NAS will automatically be updated if there are changes on your Dropbox folder that is chosen when you setup the Cloud service, you will have to choose Bidirectional or download Dropbox changes only. Do you have ReadyCloud service enabled as well?

You should also check if you have Both Internet and Services enabled by getting two Green checks on top of the Cloud services option. There should also be a green dot beside the Dropbox icon that serves as an indicator that Dropbox cloud is enabled on your NAS. I have my Dropbox setup on my NAS and it works fine until now.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 3
jglazer63
Tutor

I just enabled ReadyCloud.  Not sure why that would effect drop box but ok.

I do have it set to bidirectional sync

Bot checks are green at the top of could services

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements