× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 424 Egnyte Compatabilty

zimmfor
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 424 Egnyte Compatabilty

Hello,

We are using ReadyNAS RN312 with Egnyte storage sync but we are looking to upgrade to the RN424 model and continue to use Egnyte. I am curious if anyone has setup Egnyte on the 424 model or if Egnyte Storage sync is compatible with the 424 model. There is no definitive yes or no. 

Thanks in advance. 

Model: ReadyNAS-4200|ReadyNAS 4200, ReadyNAS-4200v2|ReadyNAS 4200v2
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 424 Egnyte Compatabilty

@zimmfor wrote:

Swapping the drives would work on both ReadyNAS but not sure that's the option we want to go. 

I'm not sure I understand that you mean by "swapping the drives would work on both ReadyNAS".   @OOM-9 was just pointing that you could simply migrate your existing disks to the new NAS, and either retire or re-purpose the old one. You could of course also start over with new disks, and reinstall everything again. 

One aspect is that Egynte recommends 4-8 GB of RAM in the NAS here: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201638494-Storage-Sync-for-NETGEAR-Installation  Both your RN314 and the RN424 have only 2 GB of RAM.  So it might be wise to upgrade to an RN524 - that has 4 GB of RAM so it does meet Egynte's current specs.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

Depends on your version of "upgrade". Copying the data over would require additional setups, but shutting the unit down and move the drives over will provide the easiest transition. When you move the drives over to the newer unit, it will retain the configuration and data on the drives, so upgrade will be made easy.

Message 2 of 6
zimmfor
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. We are looking to upgrade our hardware mostly for space reasons and it is about 5 years old. Swapping the drives would work on both ReadyNAS but not sure that's the option we want to go. 

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@zimmfor wrote:

Swapping the drives would work on both ReadyNAS but not sure that's the option we want to go. 

I'm not sure I understand that you mean by "swapping the drives would work on both ReadyNAS".   @OOM-9 was just pointing that you could simply migrate your existing disks to the new NAS, and either retire or re-purpose the old one. You could of course also start over with new disks, and reinstall everything again. 

One aspect is that Egynte recommends 4-8 GB of RAM in the NAS here: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201638494-Storage-Sync-for-NETGEAR-Installation  Both your RN314 and the RN424 have only 2 GB of RAM.  So it might be wise to upgrade to an RN524 - that has 4 GB of RAM so it does meet Egynte's current specs.

Message 4 of 6
zimmfor
Aspirant

Thank you for the info, it helped us upgrade our ReadyNAS to one listed by Egnyte. 

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

I'm glad I could help.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements