× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 6.0 Third party backup software options for S3

funglenn
Luminary

ReadyNAS 6.0 Third party backup software options for S3

I am done with the amazon add on, too hard to use and no options. I am dumbfounded at their sync as opposed to one way push.

Since our NAS is Debian Linux based, can we install a third party app that has more power and flexibilty and options? Scheduable, scalable and customizable one way or two way jobs?  I am happy to pay for such an app!  I know many have support for cloud basd solutions that would enable great support for amazon storage.   I use Goodsync to push/sync files to my amazon S3 and readynas from Windows and it is flawless and encrypted. It would never do the buffonery that the amazon apps do.

Looking it seems Goodsync and Duplicati both have linux based solutions.  Duplicati even has a debian solution. Goodsync has a  can we install these and run them?   how do you install a .deb file?  the last app i installed was a tar.gz file that successfully updated the Pousin VPN solution to the lastest model.

Anyone know of a ReadyNAS capabable product? I would love a graphical version and easy install vs. SSH and command line install.   

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements