× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Amazon cloud sync fails for 2GB files and larger (1.5GB works) - Need HELP

SLK-Purdue
Luminary

ReadyNAS Amazon cloud sync fails for 2GB files and larger (1.5GB works) - Need HELP

ReadyNAS Amazon sync works for 1.5GB files.  Failes for 2GB files as larger.   Log for failed 2GB test follows.   Current ReadNAS 0S  6.10.2

------

Nov 22 15:28:48 NAS-Ksander-2 ng-csd[2447]: Failed to parse Amazon error response. body: {"message":"Multipart form request is incomplete: Missing metadata."}

Nov 22 15:28:48 NAS-Ksander-2 ng-csd[2447]: E1122 15:28:48.651537  2467 AmazonDriveErrorMarshaller.cpp:88] Failed to parse Amazon error response. body: {"message":"Multipart form request is incomplete: Missing metadata."}

Nov 22 15:28:48 NAS-Ksander-2 ng-csd[2447]: Failed to upload file. error:  Failed to parse Amazon error response. body: {"message":"Multipart form request is incomplete: Missing metadata."}

Nov 22 15:28:48 NAS-Ksander-2 ng-csd[2447]: E1122 15:28:48.657050  2467 AmazonDriveIOClient.cpp:659] Failed to upload file. error:  Failed to parse Amazon error response. body: {"message":"Multipart form request is incomplete: Missing metadata."}

Nov 22 15:28:48 NAS-Ksander-2 ng-csd[2447]: E1122 15:28:48.657284  2467 AmazonDriveFS.cpp:684] Failed to upload file.  localPath = /data/SLKPC-GB/test2gb, remotePath = /ReadyNAS_NAS-Ksander-2/SLKPC-GB/test2gb

Nov 22 15:28:48 NAS-Ksander-2 ng-csd[2447]: E1122 15:28:48.657428  2467 SyncUpsyncFile.cpp:397] Failed to upload file. local file = /data/SLKPC-GB/test2gb, remote file = /ReadyNAS_NAS-Ksander-2/SLKPC-GB/test2gb. HTTP_TRANSPORT_ERROR: Failed to parse Amazon error response. body: {"message":"Multipart form request is incomplete: Missing metadata."}

Nov 22 15:28:48 NAS-Ksander-2 ng-csd[2447]: Failed to upload file.  localPath = /data/SLKPC-GB/test2gb, remotePath = /ReadyNAS_NAS-Ksander-2/SLKPC-GB/test2gb

Nov 22 15:28:48 NAS-Ksander-2 ng-csd[2447]: Failed to upload file. local file = /data/SLKPC-GB/test2gb, remote file = /ReadyNAS_NAS-Ksander-2/SLKPC-GB/test2gb. HTTP_TRANSPORT_ERROR: Failed to parse Amazon error response. body: {"message":"Multipart form request is incomplete: Missing metadata."}

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Amazon cloud sync fails for 2GB files and larger (1.5GB works) - Need HELP

Hi SLK-Purdue,

Can you provide me the complete system logs of the NAS? We will check further on the logs what is the cause of the issue. You may upload it to a file-sharing site then send to me the download link via PM (private message).

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

I would be happy to share my logs with you but I have done a bit more research and I think I have a clue what is going on.

Initially Amazon marketed the storage product Amazon Drive that integrated with Windows. This option even included an unlimited level. That changed over time to two storage "products" Amazon Cloud and Amazon Photos. There was a web interface for Amazon Photos that was limited to 2GB and an API for Amazon Cloud with a file limit of 50GB. I have log evidence that the ReadNAS Amazon app worked for large (2GB to 50 GB) files in December 2017. For unknown reasons, Amazon quitely close the API sometime in 2018 but it continues to work. Over time, more and more 3rd party reports indicated this has changed. In fact, my Amazon account now reports the ReadyNAS app as connected to Amazon Photos. It appear the API now connected to Amazon Photos and is limited to 2GB files.

Amazon still has a desktop app that they provide to upload both photos and large (2GB > 50GB) files but others are reporting they can't join the API. Their is no longer a package that provide "Amazon Drive" in Windows 10. Some utilities seem to have found a way around this. Synology announce a recent update to their Hyper Backup package which works again with Amazon Drive and large files.

In short, it looks like Amazon has set the 2GB limit for the API since most photos and video are under this limit. Since they sell storage, it is unclear to me why they don't want to support larger files. My GUESS is that the API the ReadyNAS app is using is now limited the 2GB. The Amazon provided Windows app can still upload large files.

SO, even with the limits, the ReadyNAS app is still very useful to sync most files. PLEASE don't take this info and decide to remove the app. If there is a way to fix this, please do. You likely have more pull with Amazon than I do. 🙂 It is also relatively easy the SSH to ReadyNAS OS, use the "find . -size +2G" utility to locate large files and use the Amazon desktop app to move these files into the Amazon Cloud. The only thing I would suggest is better log information for the ReadyNAS app to indicate that a file >2GB has been found and skipped. This log could then be input to using other capabilities to move these large files.

I would be happy to help test any changes or work with the development group. I am an IT professional with 50 years of experience.

Scott

Message 3 of 4
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

Any updates on this?   This really an annoying problem while trying to be sure my end-of-year stuff is all flushed to Amazon.

Scott

@SLK-Purdue wrote:

I would be happy to share my logs with you but I have done a bit more research and I think I have a clue what is going on.

Initially Amazon marketed the storage product Amazon Drive that integrated with Windows. This option even included an unlimited level. That changed over time to two storage "products" Amazon Cloud and Amazon Photos. There was a web interface for Amazon Photos that was limited to 2GB and an API for Amazon Cloud with a file limit of 50GB. I have log evidence that the ReadNAS Amazon app worked for large (2GB to 50 GB) files in December 2017. For unknown reasons, Amazon quitely close the API sometime in 2018 but it continues to work. Over time, more and more 3rd party reports indicated this has changed. In fact, my Amazon account now reports the ReadyNAS app as connected to Amazon Photos. It appear the API now connected to Amazon Photos and is limited to 2GB files.

Amazon still has a desktop app that they provide to upload both photos and large (2GB > 50GB) files but others are reporting they can't join the API. Their is no longer a package that provide "Amazon Drive" in Windows 10. Some utilities seem to have found a way around this. Synology announce a recent update to their Hyper Backup package which works again with Amazon Drive and large files.

In short, it looks like Amazon has set the 2GB limit for the API since most photos and video are under this limit. Since they sell storage, it is unclear to me why they don't want to support larger files. My GUESS is that the API the ReadyNAS app is using is now limited the 2GB. The Amazon provided Windows app can still upload large files.

SO, even with the limits, the ReadyNAS app is still very useful to sync most files. PLEASE don't take this info and decide to remove the app. If there is a way to fix this, please do. You likely have more pull with Amazon than I do. 🙂 It is also relatively easy the SSH to ReadyNAS OS, use the "find . -size +2G" utility to locate large files and use the Amazon desktop app to move these files into the Amazon Cloud. The only thing I would suggest is better log information for the ReadyNAS app to indicate that a file >2GB has been found and skipped. This log could then be input to using other capabilities to move these large files.

I would be happy to help test any changes or work with the development group. I am an IT professional with 50 years of experience.

Scott

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements