× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS DUO RND 2150 v2

ramapoughnative
Aspirant

ReadyNAS DUO RND 2150 v2

Greetings everyone. I just purchased this 2 drive unit and I'm having issues getting to the setup screen. I can see the unit on my network but the setup screen fails with 

The connection for this site is not secure

10.0.0.109 uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

I've tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox, none give me the option to bypass the secure connection. Ive read thru most of the discussions here and none seem to answer the issue. Any suggestions?

thank you in advance. 
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
ramapoughnative
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS DUO RND 2150 v2

im good now.. thank you for the answers!

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@ramapoughnative wrote:

Greetings everyone. I just purchased this 2 drive unit and I'm having issues getting to the setup screen. I can see the unit on my network but the setup screen fails with 

The connection for this site is not secure

10.0.0.109 uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

I've tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox, none give me the option to bypass the secure connection. Ive read thru most of the discussions here and none seem to answer the issue. Any suggestions?

There's an extensive discussion here:

Edge in IE mode should work.  There is a setting in FireFox to allow TLS 1.0 connections, the posts at the end of the above link will point you to that.

After you are in, you can enable ssh, and then edit virtual.conf as described in the beginning of the above link.

This isn't the only issue you will run into - the NAS will also require you to enable SMB 1/CIFS on the PCs.

Netgear stopped selling it back in 2011, and the final firmware release was in 2017.

Message 2 of 8
ramapoughnative
Aspirant

thank you very much sir!

Message 3 of 8
ramapoughnative
Aspirant

Here is the rub.. I cant access the c drive on the unit because of the missing admin password.. ive tried to reset it but still not accessible.

Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@ramapoughnative wrote:

Here is the rub.. I cant access the c drive on the unit because of the missing admin password.. ive tried to reset it but still not accessible.

First let's confirm the model.

The original Duo (called v1 here)

• says "ReadyNAS Duo" on the front panel
  • runs 4.1.x firmware.

The Duo v2

• says "ReadyNAS Duo v2" on the front panel
  • runs 5.x firmware.

Other labels are confusing, and frequently lead to v1 owners mistakenly thinking they have a v2.

The default admin password for the original Duo is netgear1.  The default admin password for the Duo v2 is password.

Message 5 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

Other labels are confusing, and frequently lead to v1 owners mistakenly thinking they have a v2.

And to eBay sellers selling V1 units as V2's.  Most "V2" units I see for sale are V1's.  Given the part number, which I suspect ends with -100), it shipped with one 500GB drive.  AFAIK, no "real" V2 units did so.

Message 6 of 8
ramapoughnative
Aspirant

Thank you both!!!!

Message 7 of 8
ramapoughnative
Aspirant

im good now.. thank you for the answers!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements