× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 & Milestone Arcus

givememynamebak
Luminary

ReadyNAS Pro 6 & Milestone Arcus

I have 3 ReadyNAS boxes, and have recently installed Milestone Argus which has a 30 day license for 2 cameras.  Can you please inform me of how to obtain a license?  I have 8 cameras for my residence and would like to enable.  PS. The software works with Logitech Alert cameras, you might want to add these to the compatability list.

Message 1 of 26
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello givememynamebak,

Thank you for sharing the information about the Logitech Alert Cameras. As for the purchasing the license it will done to through Netgear authorized resellers.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 26
givememynamebak
Luminary

Yah - that doesn't help at all.  I tried calling the number in Arcus to purchase a license and no-one seems to know anything.  How about actually providing some help with more detailed information?

Message 3 of 26
givememynamebak
Luminary

There's supposed to be some license key that I can obtain for owning Netgear ReadyNAS to approve 2 cameras as well beyond the 30 day limit.  If you don't know anything about that too, please pass my inquiry to someone more helpful.

Message 4 of 26
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello givememynamebak,

Milestone Arcus on ReadyNAS supports 2 cameras for free for a trial period of 60 days. There is an option to buy and activate the license from the Milestone UI which will also direct you Netgear authorized reseller. There is no trial license that will be given, automatically the app will detect the cameras allowed to use the license terms.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 26
givememynamebak
Luminary

Maybe you can help indicate why my trial is 30 days?
Message 6 of 26
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello givememynamebak,

Can you provide us a screen capture where it says 30 days for trial period? We would have to check this with the developers.

Regards,

Message 7 of 26
givememynamebak
Luminary

See screen shot below.  This was installed August 10.

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 5.42.05 PM.png

Also, can you please provide more info about who to call to obtain more info about these licenses? 

Noone seems to know including the resellers nor the number provided which is Netgear.

Message 8 of 26
StephenB
Guru

Not sure, but I think this license is from Milestone not Netgear.

Message 9 of 26
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello givememynamebak ,

Will you be able to grab the logs and PM it to us? (Me and @Marty_M)

Regards,

Message 10 of 26
givememynamebak
Luminary

Which logs do you want exactly?  Milestone Arcus logs or Server logs?  I've cleared the Arcus logs around the 13th from Milestone and deleted all the camera recordings to save space.  I just use them for live view not recordings as I don't want much space taken up on my ReadyNAS.  Please let me know which logs you'd like.  Also - I still have no idea how to purchase a license, neither does Netgear phone number that is provided in the Arcus software with a constant call redirects and wait while trying to figure it out only to end up with some dead end queue to get you off the line.

Message 11 of 26
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello givememynamebak,

The system logs from the admin page.

Have you tried the BETA 6.8.0 prior to the official one?

Regards,

Message 12 of 26
givememynamebak
Luminary

Yes I tried 6.8.0-RC-1, then upgrade to the Release then installed Milestone Arcus.

PM Sent with logs.

Message 13 of 26
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello givememynamebak,

I checked the logs and found that you have updated to the BETA version on Aug 3 then to the official 6.8.0 on Aug 11. 

[2017/08/03 05:50:28 UTC] Updated from ReadyNASOS 6.7.5 (ReadyNASOS) to 6.8.0 (RC1).
[2017/08/11 06:04:52 UTC] Updated from ReadyNASOS 6.8.0 (RC1) to 6.8.0 (ReadyNASOS).

Milestone was installed on Aug 10.

Start-Date: 2017-08-10  20:34:59
Commandline: apt-get -yq install --reinstall --allow-downgrades -o APT::Status-Fd=6 milestone-arcus
Install: milestone-arcus:amd64 (2.5.337928)
End-Date: 2017-08-10  20:35:57

May I ask if you have installed this app before and just reinstalled it on Aug 10?

Regards,

Message 14 of 26
givememynamebak
Luminary

I installed OS6 just a few months ago, this was never installed previously. I never knew about this app until it showed up on the Features Apps section just very recently.  So no, it wasn't a re-install - its the first and only install.  The timeline which you outlined sounds right to me.

Message 15 of 26
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Sorry for any confusion.

Our beta testers received a 60 day license when using the beta version of Milestone.

In the production version, the trial is only 30 days. 

Message 16 of 26
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello givememynamebak,

We have contacted Milestone Arcus to clear this up. And just now, it is clear that the trial period is 30 days and not 60 days. It may have mentioned 60 days during the BETA FW but they have now corrected the licenses even on the units with BETA FW.

To purchase the license, when you click the Buy and Activate License button, this I believe will take you to Netgear portal where you may purchase it. Netgear is an authorized reseller for Milestone Arcus license.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Message 17 of 26
yoban
Apprentice

Hi there

Similar posting Milestone Arcus

Message 18 of 26
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

We were able to change the 30 day trial back to 60 days for new users but we cannot go back and change the already activated 30 day trials to 60 days. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

If you really like using Milestone in your 30 day trial, you can purchase a license to extend the features for 5 years. 

Message 19 of 26
givememynamebak
Luminary

Still haven't figured out who to call or who to pay that knows anything about this license... including Netgears phone number provided in the software.

Message 20 of 26
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello givememynamebak,

When you launch the app and click Settings, I believe it should give you the option to purchase and activate a license.

I believe it will take you to this link: http://www.netgear.com/landings/milestone/

Regards,

Message 21 of 26
givememynamebak
Luminary

It does not. The Buy Now button takes you to another page with Contact Is and a phone number. Upon calling that number, none knows anything... Tried touting to sales but end up getting transferred a couple of times even by a real person only to end up in some dead end queue which requires you to choose an option for which you are not even calling for. Tried this route twice. Finding out cost options or getting to someone who knows anything about purchasing seems impossible. Been there, done that. Although it would be a thousand times easier to have purchase options online.... Unfortunately we're required to call and talk to ...umm... Sales Reps (for the lack of a better term) who don't know anything. Hence me asking over and over.... How to really purchase?
Message 22 of 26
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Hi everyone,

The part codes for purchasing the Milestone licenses are as follows:

RNVMSMA1-10000S

RNVMSMA4-10000S

RNVMSMA8-10000S

Doing a Google search, I see these part codes available in various internet resellers.

https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/NETGEAR-READYNAS-VMS-1-CAM-CHAN/4757069.aspx

http://www.provantage.com/netgear-rnvmsma1-10000s~7NET90EL.htm

My understanding is they are available for US now and coming to other countries very soon.

Message 23 of 26
givememynamebak
Luminary

Thank you for the info Kohdee!  What is the duration of this license...  1 year, 5 years.. lifetime?   It's listed anywhere.

That's exactly what I needed to know... but not very intuitive.  I imagine it won't be too successful if everyone has to do this kind of research just to perform a purchase.... just sayin'.   

Are these "part codes" obvious somewhere as required for purchase info?  I wouldn't have guess it'd indicate VMS (Virtual Machine Server or Virtual Memory System) and wouldn't have thought it'd be in the form of a "part" -- as part usually indicates hardware.

It's kinda pathetic to have to dig and exchange several forum postings like this in 2017 for what should be a simple digital purchase.  Most people would give up by now...  I do very much appreciate your help and replies - thank you!

Message 24 of 26
givememynamebak
Luminary

Still not sure the duration of the licenses... 1 year, 3 year.. 5 year.. lifetime?   None of these purchasing locations that I am finding in google or the links above indicate the license duration.   Also, not all... but many or should I say... MOST of the third party sellers of these licenses (like 8 camera license) are somehow Out Of Stock.   How in the hell do you run out digital licenses?  Again, makes no sense whatsoever.  Crappy sales model should be revisited or renegotiated. Hard to purchase, license duration is unclear and somehow resellers are out of stock.   You guys need renegotiate the Buy Now option on Netgear site to actually allow purchasing or add to cart --> chose your reseller to buy now & clear up the license duration & put associate "part numbers" on Netgears site.  This is pretty rediculous... out of of stock on digital licenses... give me a break.

Message 25 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements