× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Surveillance Remote Live Viewer Delay

Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

ReadyNAS Surveillance Remote Live Viewer Delay

Hello All,

I am hoping that you can help me with a Surveillance Remote Live View issue that I have had for a couple of years now.   I notice there is a delay in the live video feed.  This delay doesnt exist when I use the IP address access to the camera.  I have 8 operating cameras.  4 cameras are D-Link DSC 5222LB, 4 cameras are D-Link DSC 2330L.  This delay even occurrs when I discconect 7 cameras and only have a single camera in operation.   The delay can range from 6 seconds to 16 seconds.  I would appreciate any help possible on how I can make it actually live (with no delay).

Thank you,

-Alex

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Alex_CCIM,

There are 2 NAS units connected to the same router. Are both configured with ReadyNAS Surveillance to live stream with the camera? If so, can you disable ReadyNAS Surveillance on one of them? Also, try just one LAN connection on the NAS.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Alex_CCIM,

Can you please also send the the model number and firmware version?

Also, where is the NAS connected? Please describe the network, if the NAS is connected straight to the router or a switch, if the computer you use is wireless, etc.

Regards,

Message 2 of 9
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

Hi JennC,

I appreciate your help.  In response:

• Q: Can you please also send the the model number and firmware version?: A: RN214, 6.6.1
  • Q: where is the NAS connected?: A; directly to the Nighthawk R8500 Router
  • Q: Please describe the network: A: Nighthawk Router, 3 NASs (RN214, RN202, Buffo LinkStation), 8 cameras, 4 iphones, 2 wifi laptops, 1 wifi desktop, 1 wired desktop, 3 wifi Rokus, wired VOIP phone, wifi printer
  • Q: is NAS is connected straight to the router or a switch: A: NAS connected to router via dual gigabit 
  • Q: if the computer you use is wireless: A: Desktop for Surveillance Remote Live View is connected via gigbit ethernet (3 feet from router & NASs)

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

-Alex

Message 3 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Alex_CCIM,

There are 2 NAS units connected to the same router. Are both configured with ReadyNAS Surveillance to live stream with the camera? If so, can you disable ReadyNAS Surveillance on one of them? Also, try just one LAN connection on the NAS.

Regards,

Message 4 of 9
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

JennC,

Surveillance is only activated on the RN214. The RN202 doesn't have any apps activated. I am curious, does link aggregation cause problems with remote live viewing?

-Alex
Message 5 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Alex_CCIM,

Can you check please if you get the same problem when you disable bonding and just use one LAN? Is there an LAG support on your router?

Regards,

Message 6 of 9
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

Hi JennC,

In response:

Q: Can you check please if you get the same problem when you disable bonding and just use one LAN?

A: The delay went away.

Q: Is there an LAG support on your router?

A: Yes.  I have the Netgear Nighthawk R8500.  I have always ran LACP-IEEE 802.3ad.   Is the delay using bonding a design defect with the Surveillance app?.  Bonding is one of the reasons I use this router.   

Regards,

-Alex

Message 7 of 9
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Alex_CCIM,

Would you be able to send the logs of the ReadyNAS. I will try to inquire about once I have them.

How do I send all logs to ReadyNAS Community moderators?

Regards,

Message 8 of 9
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

JennC & FramerV,

I tried enabling the bonding so I could duplicate the error and run some logs but the delay is still gone.  I am wondering if disabling and enabling the bonding corrected the problem.  Regardless, i appreciate your help.

Thank you,

-Alex

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements