× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Surveillance and Insteon Cameras

Maestro64
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Surveillance and Insteon Cameras

Has anyone had any success getting the ReadyNAS Surveillane software to connect and display vidoe from the an Insteon IP camera, I do believe the camera is made by Foscam. I have version 56 of the camera, there were previous version but this is their latest HD camera. I was able to get the surveillance software auto detect camera on my network by enable the Onvif protocol on the camera and enabling its port. I am trying to see if this works before buying any additional license or cameras. I use Insteon home controls and would like to have it all work together and not have to pay for cloud storage when I have my own home NAS. When I do live view all I get is a black screen. I have the latest version of Java install and I also enable Jave to work when connected to the NAS IP address. At this point I am stuck and can not figure out what to do and whether I have something not configured properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Here are some screen shots of my set up.

Screen_Shot_2019-01-27_at_2.05.27_PM.jpegScreen Shot 2019-01-27 at 2.05.04 PM.jpgScreen_Shot_2019-01-27_at_2.13.33_PM.jpeg

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Surveillance and Insteon Cameras

@Maestro64 wrote:

I am trying to see if this works before buying any additional license

Netgear discontinued ReadyNAS Surveillance, so you should make sure you can still purchase additional licenses.

Netgear's track record on this isn't good.  They replaced Surveillance with Milestone Arcus, but that didn't last long either.  I suggest looking into other options (surveillance packages that run on a PC, which also support network storage of the video).

Message 2 of 6
Maestro64
Aspirant

Thanks and I did not see the fact they EOL, the interesting part when I decided to play with it, it still shows up as an available app on the NAS as well as when installed it, it say a new verison was available which lead me to believe it was still an active product.  I have been able to get my cam to record to the NAS once i set up an FTP server.

Message 3 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

My personal recommendation is Blue Iris.  Very reasonable cost with no silly per-camera licensing and excellent support.  I run it on an older Core2 Quad small form factor PC I had "lyng around", but I imagine a current-generation micro-PC would do very well if you need to buy something.

Message 4 of 6
Maestro64
Aspirant

Sandshark,

Thanks for the recommendation, I wonder if it would work on Parallels VPC since I run macs in my house, I am assuming you can have blue Iris record to a NAS verse the local HD it is running on.

Message 5 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

I have Blue Iris record in real-time to the local hard drive and back up to the NAS.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements