× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS not saving Source passwords

GRBRETT
Follower

ReadyNAS not saving Source passwords

I'm having some difficulty creating backups recently and only found out the hard way.

I was trying to backup a disk drive via a scheduled backup, which despite saying completed with no errors, failed to save anything at all.  I discovered that at some point somoen must have changed a password for the directory so when I change this in the backup source settings and test the connection it fixes the problem so I apply them.  However, when I re-enter the source settings it hasnt saved the password at all and has defaulted to some unknown original.  Is this a bug??

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@GRBRETT

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for letting us know of the issue,. This has been reported and will be fixed on the next release of Firmware no ETA yet but we will update you again together with other users who were having the same issue.

However, the backup operation should not fail even when getting this error when editing the settings. Backup should complete without issues.

HTH

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@GRBRETT

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for letting us know of the issue,. This has been reported and will be fixed on the next release of Firmware no ETA yet but we will update you again together with other users who were having the same issue.

However, the backup operation should not fail even when getting this error when editing the settings. Backup should complete without issues.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements