× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Surveillance License - how to buy / get a license for 1 camera

Zapoteknico
Aspirant

ReadyNas Surveillance License - how to buy / get a license for 1 camera

I am trying to setup Readynas Surveillance on my Readynas 104. I was able to install the app no problem but I am having issues in trying to get a license for 1 camera. How can I buy it or, alternatively, what are otehr license/software i can buy for my Readynas 104 to use a surveillance software?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas Surveillance License - how to buy / get a license for 1 camera

@Zapoteknico wrote:
Any chance I can get a free license?

No idea (I don't work for Netgear).

Perhaps @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V could help.

But I think you'd be better off getting a surveillance package that runs on a PC (but still storing the footage on the NAS).  Something like Blue Iris.  The RN100 series has the slowest processor and the least memory of all the OS-6 platforms, I think you'd get better results hosting the package on a more powerful platform.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Netgear stopped offering ReadyNAS surveillance some ago (2017 I think).  There was a brief flirtation with Milestone Arcus, but that ended at the end of 2018.

I don't know of any alternatives at the present time.  

Message 2 of 6
Zapoteknico
Aspirant

Does this mean that there is no way to use the application anymore? Even if the 1 camera license was free?
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Zapoteknico wrote:
Does this mean that there is no way to use the application anymore? Even if the 1 camera license was free?

You might still be able to use the free license, but new licenses are no longer sold.  Also, Netgear is no longer supporting it. 

There are some known security vulnerabilities.

Message 4 of 6
Zapoteknico
Aspirant

Any chance I can get a free license? I do not have it at the moment.
The system is behind a firewall so security is not an issue as it is not accessible outside the network.
Will be possible to receive a free license code/serial number?
Thank you
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Zapoteknico wrote:
Any chance I can get a free license?

No idea (I don't work for Netgear).

Perhaps @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V could help.

But I think you'd be better off getting a surveillance package that runs on a PC (but still storing the footage on the NAS).  Something like Blue Iris.  The RN100 series has the slowest processor and the least memory of all the OS-6 platforms, I think you'd get better results hosting the package on a more powerful platform.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements