× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas 104 onedrive

Sput
Aspirant

Readynas 104 onedrive

I am using a Readynas 104 and have linked it to a OneDrive for business, and successfully sync-ed data from the nas to the OneDrive.

My plan was to use the NAS to upload data to onedrive for archival purposes, and then delete the data from the NAS, however it seems I havent quite grasped the directional options, and having upload storage changes only is doing the upload of new data, but as the data is removed locally, its also removed on OneDrive... as the sync direction name states, upload local storage changes, (as I delete locally, it goes remotely too)

Is there a way to have a folder sync from the NAS to OneDrive but not remove the data from OneDrive when I remove from the NAS?

Is the only "work around" for this setting, to sync up with the app, then in OneDrive, move the data into another folder, and then remove from the NAS?

Sput.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 2
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas 104 onedrive

@Sput 

Welcome to the community! 

The Upload local storage changes only option for sync direction works in a way that any changes done on the share that you chose as the Local Path will also apply on the directory that you chose as the Cloud Storage Path.

As such, any of the sync direction options won't work as per your requirement; however, you may try posting it as a feature request here.

Regards, 

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements