× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Surveillance Login fails

motmot
Aspirant

Readynas Surveillance Login fails

Hello,

I activated the surveillance app and finaly got to the NVR admin page which was accessible via admin/password.

The first thing I did was changing the password.

After a while, my session timed out and I tried to login again, which was not possible anymore.

I tried to remove and reinstall the app, tried netgear1, password, the changed password and even my ReadyNas Admin password to get back in - nothing helps.

As I'm using very strong and long passwords, this may caused that issue, cause I've seen, that the password field for the login was not long enough (but it didnt say anything in the change password mask).

However: I finaly activated ssh access to see if I can do something there.

So my questions is: how to reset the password for the surveillance app without resetting the readynas at all, is there a way to do it with ssh access somehow?

Any solution, hints welcome.

Thank you

Tom

Message 1 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas Surveillance Login fails

Hello motmot,

Welcome to the community!

ReadyNAS Surveillance password matches the admin page password of the ReadyNAS.  Use the password you use when access the admin page of the NAS locally, this is by default admin/netgear1 for legacy units and admin/password for OS6 units.

If you are no longer able to login using any password you think you have used when you changed it, it may be best to contact support center this may already need an L3 escalation.

I checked your records and you still have free phone support for your ReadyNAS 100, take advantage of the support.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
motmot
Aspirant

Hi JennC,

I would not have especially mentioned it when your reply would be right: 

"ReadyNAS Surveillance password matches the admin page password of the ReadyNAS.  Use the password you use when access the admin page of the NAS locally, this is by default admin/netgear1 for legacy units and admin/password for OS6 units"

Clearly as in my opening post: NO, NEITHER OF THAT WORKS. I can access my nas with my admin password, I cannot access surveillance with my admin password nor with the default passwords like "password" or "netgear1"

And just in case, I repeat my question also:

how to reset the password for the surveillance app without resetting the readynas at all, is there a way to do it with ssh access somehow?

It must be something different, otherwards I could get in.

Thanks for more helpful answers

Tom

Message 3 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello motmot,

I included the default admin password on my previous reply just to give you and other readers an idea that ReadyNAS Surveillance password uses admin page password by default.

Please contact support center, this needs L3 escalation who will contact the ReadyNAS Surveillance server.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello motmot,

I saw your case 25763478, is has been escalated.

An L3 support engineer is already handling it. You may follow up at my.netgear.com but I strongly recommend to wait for an update from the support expert who escalated the case, give it at least 24 hrs.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements