× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas nv+ v2 upgrade plex

Eswoldd
Follower

Readynas nv+ v2 upgrade plex

Hey

I am using Netgear nas nv+ v2 for my plex server, with Raidiator 5.3.12 version

its going slow and i'm not able to get the latest plex server update installed.

Is there anyways i can install another OS on my nas, so i can get the newer version than plex v0.9.16.6

(is there gonna be any newer versions of Raidiator with more addons?)

Eswoldd

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas nv+ v2 upgrade plex

Plex stopped making new versions of PMS for your NAS.

Whilst add-on developers are free to make new add-ons for it the old OS and EOL status of the device will mean that it's unlikely to get much attention from them. What attention it may get currently will decrease over time.

Your NAS has old hardware and 256MB RAM. Whilst it is possible to put standard Debian on it personally I think you'd be better off getting a new ReadyNAS e.g. RN214 (can transcode 1080p to a fixed resolution of 480p) or perhaps one of our 520/620 series if you need to transcode to higher quality output resolutions. If you don't need to transcode then any of our new models would do the job.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas nv+ v2 upgrade plex

Plex stopped making new versions of PMS for your NAS.

Whilst add-on developers are free to make new add-ons for it the old OS and EOL status of the device will mean that it's unlikely to get much attention from them. What attention it may get currently will decrease over time.

Your NAS has old hardware and 256MB RAM. Whilst it is possible to put standard Debian on it personally I think you'd be better off getting a new ReadyNAS e.g. RN214 (can transcode 1080p to a fixed resolution of 480p) or perhaps one of our 520/620 series if you need to transcode to higher quality output resolutions. If you don't need to transcode then any of our new models would do the job.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements