× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas upgraded to 6.x vs. apps

xtrips1
Aspirant

Readynas upgraded to 6.x vs. apps

Hello,

I just upgraded to 6.x. Was that a mistake?
Do apps work in this situation?
I tried Nzbget, from the apps proposed in the firmware and then from rnxtras.com_. I also tried Sabnzbd from rnxtras.com_.
None of them worked.
I am stuck with a machine that cannot run a Usenet client.
Any idea?

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@xtrips1 wrote:

I tried Nzbget, from the apps proposed in the firmware and then from rnxtras.com_. I also tried Sabnzbd from rnxtras.com_.
None of them worked.

That's @WhoCares_ site, and he does provide support.  So contacting him (via rnextras) is a good next step.

Message 2 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Can you be more specific as to "none of them work"?  Do they not install, or do they install but not do anything?

I have had no issues with any OS6 apps installed on a converted legacy machine, and I've run them on a Pro6, Pro2, and RD5200.  But, all of my NAS have at least 2GB of RAM.  If you are still at the factory 1GB, that could be your problem.  Some users have found that OS6.10.x needs more than 1GB, and any apps would increase the need.  Since all native OS6 Intel based ReadyNAS have at least 2GB, Netgear would not be doing any testing to insure OS updates don't need more than 1GB.

Message 3 of 5
xtrips1
Aspirant

In the meantime I got a few steps further. Sabnzbd from rnxtras fails to install invariably. BTW the machine has 2Gb memory.
And I finally succeeded to use Nzbget. I understood that the app does not accept RAR files, as proposed by some indexers, but only nzb extensions.
It also does not scan the nzb folder.
I wish I could use Sabnzbd instead.
Anyway. Thanks
Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@xtrips1 wrote:
In the meantime I got a few steps further. Sabnzbd from rnxtras fails to install invariably.

Have you tried asking rnxtras for support?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements