× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Request: Make MinimServer ReadyNAS 6.0 ARM compatible

fremske
Guide

Request: Make MinimServer ReadyNAS 6.0 ARM compatible

Dear Readynas Community,

I would very much like to use MinimServer as my default uPnP AV streamer on my RN102 box.

However looking at their download page: Link: http://minimserver.com/downloads/# it seems they only have a ReadyNAS ARM package available for the older platform. 

They quote: 

Note: You can install MinimServer on the ReadyNAS NV+ v2, Duo v2, Ultra, Pro and NVX. There isn't currently an installation package for the current ReadyNAS series (models 102, 104, 312, 314, 316, 516 and 716).

Would someone like to take a look into this and try to come up with a package which is compatiable with the new ReadyNAS OS6 platform?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sincerly yours,
Fremske

Message 1 of 4
Mhynlo
Luminary

Re: Request: Make MinimServer ReadyNAS 6.0 ARM compatible

I will see what I can do.

Looks like a fairly simple deployment.

What makes this DLNA server than the DLNA built in the ReadyNAS?

Message 2 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi fremske,

We will very much look into this request and see what we can do on our end. For the meantime, kindly post the same in the MinimServer forum page to see what they can do to help.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
fremske
Guide

Hi Mhynlo,

It has been recommended by the Denon support team as being the best Music DLNA/uPnP server for the HEOS wireless speaker line-up.

Since I have two HEOS speakers I would very much like to try and use MinimServer also it is complete open source and free of charge!

Thank you for helping!

Cheers,

Fremske

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements