× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SDK - Setup C/C++ compile environment (amd64)

screaminlean
Aspirant

SDK - Setup C/C++ compile environment (amd64)

Hi

I am trying to install the build environment on a virtualbox machine running lubuntu-14.10-alternate-amd64

and this part is failing I have installed the key archive but it fails to get the release.

sudo debootstrap --arch amd64 wheezy /chroot/wheezy http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian

I have tried the netgear vdi from the site but it cant install other things and updating the LUBUNTU os does not work its a mess!
Message 1 of 7
WhoCares_
Mentor

Re: SDK - Setup C/C++ compile environment (amd64)

I'm not sure I understand your setup correctly. Is the Lubuntu system already running in a VM? If so, wouldn't it be easier to just create another VM using Debian Wheezy for the ReadyNAS dev stuff? That aside, debootstrap never failed for me and without some error messages it's quite hard to say where your problem may be. I'd suggest to first split the command into two part, "sudo -i" to get a full root shell and then run the "debootstrap" part from there. If that also fails you could also try to run Debian Wheezy as your base OS and run debootstrap from there.
In general I would advise against using debootstrap unless you use a base OS that is also running the kernel version present on the ReadyNAS. Since that would require you to manually build a kernel anyway, you could actually run the whole development stuff directly in the VM which is why I use that approach almost exclusively now.

-Stefan
Message 2 of 7
screaminlean
Aspirant

thanks i have it setup now...

I have built my first app uploaded the deb file Nas says install successful but it does not show in the gui > installed apps?

Going to have to figure that out!
Message 3 of 7
WhoCares_
Mentor

Perhaps a missing config.xml file?

-Stefan
Message 4 of 7
screaminlean
Aspirant

Hi WhoCares

No i have a full config.xml the addon installs and the full directory structure is in .apps and i can manually navigate to the app and it works! All that does not work (Show up) is the Web GUI image / description / launch etc.
Message 5 of 7
WhoCares_
Mentor

Well, the config.xml is quite picky (or, to be more precise, the code that evaluates it) so chances are your config.xml still is the problem. My advice would be to copy one from another, working add-on and see whether that works. If it does, modify step by step until you either find a bug or have a version that works for you.

-Stefan
Message 6 of 7
screaminlean
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice.. I'm away for a few days now will try when I get back
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements