× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SMB plus not running on RN104 under OS 6.10.0 Hotfix2

Retired_Member
Not applicable

SMB plus not running on RN104 under OS 6.10.0 Hotfix2

While not having any issues with my RN426 (OS6.9.5 HF1 Long-term Support) and RN204 (OS6.10.0 HF2), good ol' RN104 (OS6.10.0 HF2) is refusing to run SMB plus, though it claims that the app was successfully installed. Invoking it after installation renders an emtpy browser tab.

Here is what the log says prior to "successful" installation and after "successful" de-installation:

SMBplusIssue.JPG

Any ideas? Not urgent, this is my guineapig nas. I'm not expecting a lot from it anymore as it has very well earned its bread of charity over the last few years and it would break my heart to throw it away. Its great for testing so I would like to keep it as long as possible.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@OOM-9,many thanks for posting the smbplus configfile, which I compared with the one I have and found nothing wrong.

However, I recalled, that I de-installed linux-dash a while ago. I now have it re-installed successfully again.

That fixed the smbplus issue somehow. So I assume, that smbplus was totally fine, but one or more of the system's components used by linux-dash and smbplus were crippled/mis-configured by the un-install of linux-dash in the past.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
petercae
Guide

I am having similar problem.

RN104 6.10.0

SMB Plus not installing

Transmision not installing

Log:

System: Cannot install application Transmission for Readynas.

System: Cannot install application SMB Plus.

I get logged out  after it fails to install.

Message 2 of 9
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

I am interested on what is happening in these cases. I suspect there might be something related to the apt/deb installation that has encountered an issue from some package.

Can you enabled Secure Diagnostics Mode and PM me the 5 digit number?

Message 3 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for caring, dear @OOM-9, but that is no option for me. Any hint from your side (further assumptions and suggestions) in a post from you are most welcome. Kind regards

@petercae?

Message 4 of 9
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

That app installation will be dependant on the `apt install` to be successful. If there are any failed deb packages causing issues can/will cause these issues.

If you are open to share logs, the `apt-history` and `app-install` logs are useful to look at. If you are adventurous and would like to run things on ssh, then you can attempt to install the package on the backend to see what messages you are getting. Example: `apt install smbplus`

Message 5 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Just for the records: Upgrading to 6.10.1 a few minutes ago is not fixing this. Installation and De-installation is successful, but the configuration page cannot be invoked as the system has disabled it (see screenshot in first message of this thread).

Message 6 of 9
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

Yea, it looks like there are two different issues in this thread.

The issue that @Retired_Member is having is related something on the apache configuration. You can run the `apachectl -t` to check the current apache configuration and see where the error is coming from in the configuration files.

This is the current smbplus apache configuration (under the /apps/smbplus/https.conf file):

<Location /apps/smbplus>
  Options -Indexes -FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
  Order allow,deny
  allow from all
  Include "/etc/frontview/apache/Admin_Auth.conf"
  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
</Location>
Message 7 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@OOM-9,many thanks for posting the smbplus configfile, which I compared with the one I have and found nothing wrong.

However, I recalled, that I de-installed linux-dash a while ago. I now have it re-installed successfully again.

That fixed the smbplus issue somehow. So I assume, that smbplus was totally fine, but one or more of the system's components used by linux-dash and smbplus were crippled/mis-configured by the un-install of linux-dash in the past.

Message 8 of 9
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

Agreed. Based on the information that I had there was no issue with the base apache configuration, and the smbplus configuration is working in general from my tests. I was leaning on the side of the apache configuration issue between the base config and the smbplus app configuration.

I was not aware that you were using linux-dash. Thanks for the additional inforamtion of the other app that you were using. This something that we will need to keep a close eye on with some of the apps.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements