× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SMB1 error since upgrading to Win10 from Win7

dprefont
Aspirant

SMB1 error since upgrading to Win10 from Win7

Prior to upgrading to Win10 Home Edition from Win7, I was able to use the command line and File Explorer to access a share on the ReadyNAS, i.e., net use z: \\192.168.1.27\Z /user:admin P@zzw0rd. Now when I attempt to do so, the error pertains to the obsolete SMB1 protocol. I can only use  the web interface which is a complete waste of time if moving a large number of files, etc. Apart from looking at the competitor's solutions, what is the fix for this?

Model: RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 1TB (1 X 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: SMB1 error since upgrading to Win10 from Win7

@dprefont wrote:

Thanks. I'll enquire about transfering files from Readynas Duo v2 to ReadyNAS RN212. So far the Chat I'm currently participating in online is not helping.

The simplest option is to purchase new disks for the RN212, and transfer the data from the Duo using rsync backup jobs.

You can then repurpose the Duo - using it as a backup NAS.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@dprefont

Welcome to the Community!

One fix is to enable or re-enable SMB1 on Win10. With this you will have access back on your ReadyNAS using SMBv1

Another is to upgrade your NAS, your NAS is a Legacy model and uses SMBv1, newer ReadyNAS models support latest SMB versions.

Here is a link that might help

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/file-server/troubleshoot/detect-enable-and-d...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/No-access-to-shares-after-disabling...

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 4
dprefont
Aspirant

Thanks. I'll enquire about transfering files from Readynas Duo v2 to ReadyNAS RN212. So far the Chat I'm currently participating in online is not helping.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@dprefont wrote:

The simplest option is to purchase new disks for the RN212, and transfer the data from the Duo using rsync backup jobs.

You can then repurpose the Duo - using it as a backup NAS.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements