× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Script to automatically unrar files downloaded by Transmission?

trasixes
Tutor

Script to automatically unrar files downloaded by Transmission?

Hi folks, I am new here and I really hope this is the right place for this.

I was given an RN102, and I have found it fits my needs almost perfectly. I have the Transmission add-on installed and working. I have it set to watch a directory for new torrents and download them. The only thing missing is a way to have rar files auto-extract. I have used unrar via  SSH as a test, and found the extraction speed to be satisfactory.

I know Transmissíon has the ability to run a script on download completion - is there a working script that could be triggered by Transmission on download completion to run unrar on the files?

As I said, the unit in question is an RN102 with 6.4.1 firmware. I would greatly appreciate any help, advice, or nudge in the right direction.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
trasixes
Tutor

Re: Script to automatically unrar files downloaded by Transmission?

To anyone looking for the same solution, here is where I ended up.

I switched from Transmission to Deluge Torrent which comes with it's own extraction plugin. Deluge seems faster, and generally more consistent. RAR/ZIP files are automatically extracted as downloads complete.

Overall, this solution is perfect for me, and exactly what I needed!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
trasixes
Tutor

75 views, alas no replies.

I've enabled the following in the Transmission settings.json, and tried many different unrar scripts created to run after a torrent completes in Transmission, but I get absolutely nothing.

"script-torrent-done-enabled": true, 
    "script-torrent-done-filename": "/path/scriptname", 

Anyone able to help? This is quite literally the last step to perfection, in my case. 

Message 2 of 3
trasixes
Tutor

To anyone looking for the same solution, here is where I ended up.

I switched from Transmission to Deluge Torrent which comes with it's own extraction plugin. Deluge seems faster, and generally more consistent. RAR/ZIP files are automatically extracted as downloads complete.

Overall, this solution is perfect for me, and exactly what I needed!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements