× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Shutdown ReadyNAS from Commandline or Batch file

Shri-Ganesh
Tutor

Shutdown ReadyNAS from Commandline or Batch file

I want to know how to perform shutdown using command line. I already know how to shutdown using physical button and webui. I have tried capturing the web request sent to the box during the shutdown command from the web ui but it's in XML.

Any ideas???

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@Shri-Ganesh wrote:

I was trying to send the HTTP request for shutting down the device gradefully.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Remote-shutdown-on-OS-6/td-p/846137

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

This is with OS6?  

Do you mean from ssh?  

Message 2 of 6
Shri-Ganesh
Tutor

Hi StephenB,

Yes. This is OS 6.4.0. I've not tried SSH. When I tried enabling SSH service, it said that the device warranty would be void. So, I didn't try that out. Can I SSH without issues?

Message 3 of 6
Shri-Ganesh
Tutor

I have also enabled SSH. I was able to shutdown using shutdown -P command. But I couldn't get the alert message like I do when shutting down using GUI. Is there any way to do that?

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Shri-Ganesh wrote:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Remote-shutdown-on-OS-6/td-p/846137

Message 5 of 6
Shri-Ganesh
Tutor

Thank you! I did try with CURL but didn't try escaping the params. After checking that article, I made some modifications and it worked! Cat Happy

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements