× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Snapshot 'Upgrade' caused all snapshots to disappear

Snapshot 'Upgrade' caused all snapshots to disappear

I'm running firmware 6.10.0 hotfix 2 currently and I performed a reboot this morning - upon doing so my snapshots have all disappeared.

I can see the below 'snapshot upgrade' within the logs which I feel may be responsible. 

I am also unable to perform manual snapshots at this stage as well, they are failing with the error "Cannot create a new snapshot in the system. Failed to create a new snapshot Code: 28003020001"

Log after restart below:

[19/07/19 08:59:26 AEST] notice:system:LOGMSG_SYSTEM_REBOOT The system is rebooting.
[19/07/19 09:02:55 AEST] notice:snapshot:LOGMSG_SNAPSHOT_UPGRADE_INFO ReadyNAS is upgrading your system snapshots to the latest version 10% complete.
[19/07/19 09:02:55 AEST] notice:snapshot:LOGMSG_SNAPSHOT_UPGRADE_INFO ReadyNAS is upgrading your system snapshots to the latest version 20% complete.
[19/07/19 09:02:55 AEST] notice:snapshot:LOGMSG_SNAPSHOT_UPGRADE_INFO ReadyNAS is upgrading your system snapshots to the latest version 30% complete.
[19/07/19 09:02:55 AEST] notice:snapshot:LOGMSG_SNAPSHOT_UPGRADE_INFO ReadyNAS is upgrading your system snapshots to the latest version 40% complete.
[19/07/19 09:02:55 AEST] notice:snapshot:LOGMSG_SNAPSHOT_UPGRADE_INFO ReadyNAS is upgrading your system snapshots to the latest version 50% complete.
[19/07/19 09:02:55 AEST] notice:snapshot:LOGMSG_SNAPSHOT_UPGRADE_INFO ReadyNAS is upgrading your system snapshots to the latest version 60% complete.
[19/07/19 09:02:55 AEST] notice:snapshot:LOGMSG_SNAPSHOT_UPGRADE_INFO ReadyNAS is upgrading your system snapshots to the latest version 70% complete.
[19/07/19 09:02:55 AEST] notice:snapshot:LOGMSG_SNAPSHOT_UPGRADE_INFO ReadyNAS is upgrading your system snapshots to the latest version 80% complete.
[19/07/19 09:02:56 AEST] notice:snapshot:LOGMSG_SNAPSHOT_UPGRADE_INFO ReadyNAS is upgrading your system snapshots to the latest version 90% complete.
[19/07/19 09:02:56 AEST] notice:snapshot:LOGMSG_SNAPSHOT_UPGRADE_INFO ReadyNAS is upgrading your system snapshots to the latest version 100% complete.
[19/07/19 09:02:56 AEST] notice:snapshot:LOGMSG_SNAPSHOT_UPGRADE_COMPLETED ReadyNAS has finished upgrading your system snapshots.

Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix?

Thanks

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Snapshot 'Upgrade' caused all snapshots to disappear

Hi david_spittle,

You may send the logs to me so we can check why the snapshots disappeared. You may upload it to Google Drive then send the download link via PM (private message).

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi david_spittle,

It is very strange that you get that upgrade snapshots. The NAS does not do that unless you upgrade the firmware from pre-6.2 or pre-6.5.

Please enable SDM so we can check where the snapshots went. You can enable it by going to System > Settings > Support then PM me the 5-digit code.

Regards,

Message 3 of 5

Hi John 

I just sent a message.

Note: I had an error 1001000022 this morning when I clicked on the settings tab - all of the green indicators showing which services were running appeared to be disabled. Network was still running.

A reboot fixed this - still a bit of a concern though.

Message 4 of 5

I thought I just replied but must not have hit confirm..

I just sent you a message with the code.

Also when I accessed the settings tab this morning an error code popped up: 1001000022. All of the green indicators showing which services are active were off. My network was able to access the shares on the NAS though.

I did a reboot which seemed the fix.

I've been updating firmware whenever it prompts me to - and no major jumps or anything outside of the instructions. I haven't upgraded to the last one though. The message pops up each time I enter the admin page.

I had an IT guy looking at permissions at the folder level at the time that I did the reboot which brought those logs up. Not sure whether the problems are related or not.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements