× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

System Alerts

Infinite
Aspirant

System Alerts

Alerts? I want to make a plug-in that interacts with the built in Frontview Alerts. Is there any Frontview classes, API's, or systems I could tap into to get access to the system alerts?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
Infinite
Aspirant

Re: System Alerts

Ah... I figured it out. I wanted the 'send_email_alert()' method in 'functions'. I was also over-thinking how things work in Unix. I always forget that so much of Linux boils down to Cron jobs and chaining scripts instead of applications.

Eitherway, I still have to finished stubbing in my functionality and see if I can hook everything up successfully. Ideally the 'send alert' functionality wouldn't be so specific to e-mails. Does the ReadyNAS team ever accept diffs from the community about proposed rewrites to the Frontview?

I'll post back when I have something running...

Cheers.
-i
Message 2 of 3
Infinite
Aspirant

Re: System Alerts

Well... relatively productive day. I figured out all the Twitter stuff I needed too... I'm stuck with getting all the CPAN modules running on the ReadyNAS, but my script is running decently. Getting all the CPAN modules to build properly is the game plan for tomorrow. Building the 7 or so needed libraries by hand seems like a huge waste of time, but I don't know another way. The dev forums seem pretty dead right now.

For testing sake I made a fake bootstrap.sh script that simulates an alert message on the ReadyNAS. The bootstrap calls into my 'fake_functions' sh script that is supposed to emulate the real 'functions' script in Frontview. In the send_email_alert() method I'm going to add my perl script call with the e-mail body as the argument.

Here is a screenshot of my ReadyNAS's twitter feed after my perl script ran. Sadly the script is running in Perl on OSX, but hopefully by tomorrow I can do the same thing via the ReadyNAS.

-i
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements