× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The upload procedure.

viperhansa
Virtuoso

The upload procedure.

Question, the upload procedure by email, i'm a bit confused there, what email would i put as receiver???

Is there a uer manual yet? :wink:

regards!
Message 1 of 11
yoh-dah
Guide

Re: The upload procedure.

Sorry, no manual yet, but we'll have a bunch of how-to's for Photos II coming online. In the meantime, in the upper right corner, click on SETTINGS/Preferences. You'll see a Enable Remote Upload checkbox -- enable that. You'll need to enter a Passcode, enter the default album to upload to, and click Set to get the target email address that you can use.

Subject line becomes the photo description. If you prepend with "[<album name>]", photo will get uploaded to that album. Examples:

Following subject line uploads photo to default album with the specified description.
This was taken in front of Disneyland.

Following subject line uploads photo to album name "My Disney Vacation" with the specified description.
[My Disney Vacation]This was taken in front of Disneyland.
Message 2 of 11
viperhansa
Virtuoso

yoh-dah wrote:
Sorry, no manual yet, but we'll have a bunch of how-to's for Photos II coming online. In the meantime, in the upper right corner, click on SETTINGS/Preferences. You'll see a Enable Remote Upload checkbox -- enable that. You'll need to enter a Passcode, enter the default album to upload to, and click Set to get the target email address that you can use.

Subject line becomes the photo description. If you prepend with "[<album name>]", photo will get uploaded to that album. Examples:

Following subject line uploads photo to default album with the specified description.

Following subject line uploads photo to album name "My Disney Vacation" with the specified description.

thanks yoh-dah, i get that part about the content of the email.
My question is what email address am i supposed to use? Like where do i send the pictures?
maybe a stupid question .... :?

regards!
Message 3 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Following yoh-dah's instructions you should get the email address you need to send the pictures to. You do need to follow these instructions to be able to send an email to upload photos to the NAS.

If your address for accessing photos via the web is http://photos.readynas.com/coolname then the email to send to should be something like "coolname-XXXX@photos.readynas.com" where the XXXX is your 4-digit passcode. You can email to this address from any email address, so if you wish you can give the address out to friends to email their photos to be added to your album.
Message 4 of 11
blueray1
Aspirant

I can't tell what I am doing wrong, but I can't seem to get remote uploads to work.

I use: readynas-name-4digitcode@photos.readynas.com as the email address I am sending to. My email program bounces back with an unroutable address notice. I also try the same address sent from the email program that ReadyNAS Photos II uses to send invitations from, but get the same bounceback.

Any idea about what I am missing?

Thanks
Message 5 of 11
yoh-dah
Guide

blueray wrote:
I can't tell what I am doing wrong, but I can't seem to get remote uploads to work.

I use: readynas-name-4digitcode@photos.readynas.com as the email address I am sending to. My email program bounces back with an unroutable address notice. I also try the same address sent from the email program that ReadyNAS Photos II uses to send invitations from, but get the same bounceback.

Any idea about what I am missing?

Thanks

Please PM me the email address you're using and we'll look into it.
Message 6 of 11
viperhansa
Virtuoso

I get a different error when i try to activate remote uploads.
I tick enable, fill in the 4 digit code, select my album for uploads.

I can not fill in a email address or anything in eyefi ot ftp box.

i click set and it throws the following error:
Internal Error! Please login again and report:

Method: updateUserInfo
FaultString: Undefined error returned by business logic implementation
FaultCode: Server
FaultDetail: <RNP2Error xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<RNP2ErrorCode>5904</RNP2ErrorCode>
<RNP2ErrorString>NET Error: Communication error with server</RNP2ErrorString>
<RNP2DebugMessage>rnp2db.c:1396</RNP2DebugMessage>
</RNP2Error>

Any ideas?
Message 7 of 11
yoh-dah
Guide

viperhansa wrote:
I get a different error when i try to activate remote uploads.
I tick enable, fill in the 4 digit code, select my album for uploads.

I can not fill in a email address or anything in eyefi ot ftp box.

i click set and it throws the following error:
Internal Error! Please login again and report:

Method: updateUserInfo
FaultString: Undefined error returned by business logic implementation
FaultCode: Server
FaultDetail: <RNP2Error xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<RNP2ErrorCode>5904</RNP2ErrorCode>
<RNP2ErrorString>NET Error: Communication error with server</RNP2ErrorString>
<RNP2DebugMessage>rnp2db.c:1396</RNP2DebugMessage>
</RNP2Error>

Any ideas?

I'll send you a PM.
Message 8 of 11
MartyPL1
Aspirant

yoh-dah wrote:

CODE: SELECT ALL

CODE: SELECT ALL

According to syntax mentioned above it always adds my photos to default folder with description: This was taken in front of Disneyland.
[folder_name] in an email subject looks like was not recognized.
Any ideas?

I run RNP2 1.0.2
Message 9 of 11
yoh-dah
Guide

MartyPL wrote:
According to syntax mentioned above it always adds my photos to default folder with description: This was taken in front of Disneyland.
[folder_name] in an email subject looks like was not recognized.
Any ideas?

I run RNP2 1.0.2

Does the album exist?
Message 10 of 11
MartyPL1
Aspirant

Now I know the reason;) The album should exist to put a picture into it. Well ... I thought that you can create a new album using syntax from email subject. I was wrong. I also think that it would be great to have an option of creating new album using your email in future updates of Readynas Photos.
Thanks for your suggestion
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements