× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Trouble with Logitech Media Server on ReadyNAS RN316

reburns
Aspirant

Trouble with Logitech Media Server on ReadyNAS RN316

I have been using a ReadyNAS RN316 with Logitech Media Server to drive Squeezeboxes (One touch and two Booms).  I don't think my setup has ever been "good" because it can take forever to connect to media (browse for my files on the NAS or go to web for radio and podcast).  Most recently, I can only play my NAS stored music and I'm unable to go outside and stream from web.  I could use some professional setup help!

ReadyNAS RN316 updated to firmware 6.10.0  

App Logitech Media Server Poussin 7.9.0

Running from Chrome, Windows 7 - but local control of Squeezebox doesn't yield improvement.

What can I show to help troubleshoot?

Thanks, Ralph 

Boulder, CO  

Message 1 of 4
reburns
Aspirant

Here's a possible clue -  

I also have a ReadyNAS Pioneer for a 2nd NAS... and just directed the Logitech Media Server 7.7.5 on that to the Squeezebox touch... and am able to stream radio (tho my local music files are stored on the larger RN316).

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Have you tested the file transfer performance of the RN316?  You could do that with NasTester ( http://www.808.dk/?code-csharp-nas-performance )

Have you looked in the log zip file for errors?

Message 3 of 4
reburns
Aspirant

Hello again -

Both my RN316 and Pioneer respond to the NAS Performance Tester at 115 MB/s.

Funny thing is that the LMS starting working again on the RN316 with outside streaming.  I discovered that when someone else tuned one of my Squeezebox Booms to a radio station.

And one other development... for my main stereo I am moving away from USB DAC input to Ethernet rendering and am adding a Roon core computer.  So I will work to migrate the Squeezeboxes from LMS to Roon as well.

Regards.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements