× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to Upload Photos

stgeorge
Guide

Unable to Upload Photos

Hello-

I'm an infrequent user of Photos II, but have a couple of albums saved.  Am currently running v1.06 of Photos II on my Pro6, which is running 4.2.27

Just logged in as photographer and attempted to load up about 25 jpg files (each about 1.6 mb) to a new album, but not having any success.  I created a new album and it popped up.  Went into settings and "Upload" and went through all the normal motions.  All seemed to work- in fact, the progress bar appeared and it counted up all 25 pictures, but once completed, they simply aren't uploaded ??

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
stgeorge
Guide

Re: Unable to Upload Photos

My current suspicion is that this may be a permissions issue... perhaps Photos II doesn't have the permission to grab a file on my pc and upload it to the album?  Not sure, but they simply don't come across the wire into the album via the photo uploader module.  I can, however, upload other (jpeg) photos from my pc's hard drive, so it will work, but these jpegs simply don't upload.

Further thoughts??   Thanks!!

Message 2 of 9
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi stgeorge,

Seems like this problem with the add-on. Have you tried re-installing the Photos II add-on? Or using a different web browser?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 3 of 9
stgeorge
Guide

Again, I'm running a Pro6.  It is x86 based system, but it's an older system without the "apps tab" etc...

The firmware I'm running is 4.2.27

I see on that apps page that you mention- there's a Photos II app that says it is version 2.05  - the version I'm running on my Pro6 is 1.06.  Do you know if this 2.05 is compatible with my Pro6 running 4.2.27 ??

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
stgeorge
Guide

I did try "removing" the photos II add on and then reinstalled it.  Rebooted, no luck.

Have not tried a different web browser- but will do that now.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 9
stgeorge
Guide

So now I've tried both Google Chrome and MS IExplorer....same thing- photos II looks like it is uploading (progress bar moves through the task etc), but the picture never arrives into the album ?!?!?!?!

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Message 6 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The 2.0.5 version is just for the newer devices.

You can try installing the latest version of the Photos II app for your device over the top of itself.

You could download the .bin file and install it via Add-Ons > Add New.

Message 7 of 9
stgeorge
Guide

What is the latest version for an x86 Pro6 running 4.2.27?  1.06 ?  

Message 8 of 9
stgeorge
Guide

Could this be a flash issue??  Seems to me this version of Photos II was written back around Flash v11 and now we are on Flash v18.

Anyone??

Thanks

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements