× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to install Docker CLI Addon in Readynas 6.10.3

a_carneiro
Tutor

Unable to install Docker CLI Addon in Readynas 6.10.3

Hi guys!

Anyone else having trouble installing the Docker CLI app?

Whenever I try it just says it's unable to install it, no more information given.

Is this a known issue? Could it be raletaed to ReadyNas OS running on Debian Jessie (now two version out of date)?

Model: RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 8
ChiffaNe
Tutor

Having the same issue, any help would be appreciated

Message 2 of 8
a_carneiro
Tutor

I think this is something to do with ReadyNAS OS being based on Debian Jessie and Docker now requiring Debian Stretch or Buster.

Don't think this is fixable without a a new version of ReadyNAS OS

Message 3 of 8
a_carneiro
Tutor

OK, so it turns out you need to stay on ReadyNAS OS 6.9.6

The instructions to downgrade are on this other topic I started

Debian Buster or Stretch on ReadyNAS OS

As a reminder, downgrades are not officially supported by Netgear and you should backup your datra before doing so.

Message 4 of 8
Vinfo1
Aspirant

I have a ReadyNAS 104 (with frmware 6.10.3), and I don't see the Docker App in the list of available App's (anymore). Is this the same issue, or is it not possible to install Docker at all on a 104 model?

Message 5 of 8
a_carneiro
Tutor

As it's an ARM architecture and I was only working with Intel devices I can't tellf or certain, but I don't think the Docker app was ever available for ARM based ReadyNAS dvices

Message 6 of 8
Vinfo1
Aspirant

This surprises me, because docker should be hardware independant and should run on most OS. I understand now that the linux version which is used by readynas does not support Docker. But the hardware should not be an issue.

Message 7 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

If all the dependancies are available for an archetecture and Linux version, then you certainly can compile and run an app.  In that respect, it is "hardware independent".   But, that is not necessarilly the case, so the hardware and OS version can effectively become the limiting factors, especially if you are relying on somebody else to compile it for you.

One point of Docker is to reduce the impact of these on other apps, but you can't put Docker in a Docker container.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements