× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unrecognized server error occured when uploading ssh root addon on ReadyNAS Duo v2

oliver_h
Aspirant

Unrecognized server error occured when uploading ssh root addon on ReadyNAS Duo v2

Hello,

I have downloaded the shh-root addon from here:

https://kb.netgear.com/24586/RAIDiator-5-3-Add-ons

Filenname: EnableRootSSH_1.0-arm.bin

When uploading the binary in the frontview (tab Add-ons) the error-message "Unregognized server error occured" is shown.

Anybody a solution?

I have installed the latest RAIDiator Version for my Modell = 5.3.13

BR,

Oliver

Message 1 of 5
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unrecognized server error occured when uploading ssh root addon on ReadyNAS Duo v2

Hello oliver_h,

It does appear you are having trouble uploading the SSH Root addon on to your NAS and getting error. Please try to access the and upload the addon using different browser and computer. Also you may try downloading the addon again possible corruption while it was being downloaded.   

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Unrecognized server error occured when uploading ssh root addon on ReadyNAS Duo v2

That error has occurred on a few OS6.x updates I've done.  But it was meaningless, as the update did actually occur when I rebooted.

Have you tried just ignoring it and seeing if it worked?

Message 3 of 5
kcionline
Aspirant

I have the same issue except it doesn't go away after a different browser and a few re-boots. Any advice please anyone?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi, Not sure if this is still relevant but I had the same issue. 

I originally tried to install the SSH addon via Safari on a Mac, but this brought up the error you are seeing. 

I remember I had this issue before also. I then tried Firefox on the Mac and voila  - it worked. 

Not sure why you are still having the issues though. 

Cant really be any more help. Maybe clear cookies and/or ssl (certificates).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements