× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Updateing an old ReadyNAS

BernieC
Follower

Updateing an old ReadyNAS

I have a ReadyNas Ultra-6   It says it is currently running Radiator 4.2.31.  I just looked and it seems that the the latest firmware is ReadyNASOS-6.10.3-x86_64.

Is that the same as "radiator"?

I noticed that my NAS seems to have gotten un-registered -- I *used* to get updated software, but when I just went to check, (a) it said I have to register [and I'm sure I did almost a decade ago] and (b) it "register" link goes to a "page not found":

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/myNETGEAR/setLanguage.asp?L=ENG&P=register_readynas.asp?product=Re...

What can/should I do to get my ReadyNAS up to date [for example, my browser complains because when I connect it uses an old/outdated version of TLS]

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BernieC,

Welcome to the Community!

The RAIDiator 4.2.31 is already the last firmware for the ReadyNAS Ultra 6. The 6.10.3 is the latest version for our ReadyNAS OS6 firmware, which is a different operating system from RAIDiator.

There is a procedure in converting your ReadyNAS Ultra 6 to the OS6 firmware. This procedure is not supported by NETGEAR so support will be voided once your NAS is converted to OS6. You may check this thread for the steps.

Regarding your device registration, you may login to the myNETGEAR portal (my.netgear.com) to check if the device is already registered.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BernieC,

Welcome to the Community!

The RAIDiator 4.2.31 is already the last firmware for the ReadyNAS Ultra 6. The 6.10.3 is the latest version for our ReadyNAS OS6 firmware, which is a different operating system from RAIDiator.

There is a procedure in converting your ReadyNAS Ultra 6 to the OS6 firmware. This procedure is not supported by NETGEAR so support will be voided once your NAS is converted to OS6. You may check this thread for the steps.

Regarding your device registration, you may login to the myNETGEAR portal (my.netgear.com) to check if the device is already registered.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

If you do a factory default on the NAS, it loses it's knowlege you registered.  But it's not necessary the NAS know you are registered to get (paid) support and wasn't for updates, either.  But there will be no more of those, anyway.

Message 3 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BernieC,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements