× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What's the difference between Transmission NT and Transmission for Readynas?

ChunkySocks
Guide

What's the difference between Transmission NT and Transmission for Readynas?

I have just sucessfully updated my legacy ReadyNAS Ultra 2 to OS6.6.1 and am starting to move files back onto it as well as attempting to get it working much as it did on RAIDiator 4.2.30.

Looking at the apps available to install on OS6, what's the difference between NAStools' Transmission NT and Poussin's Transmission for Readynas as I inadvertently installed both and couldn't tell the difference. Is one better than the other or does each one serve particularly different use cases?

How do the Qbittorrent Client and µTorrent apps compare as well?

Is there somewhere where you can read user reviews of the apps?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: What's the difference between Transmission NT and Transmission for Readynas?

@ChunkySocks wrote:

Looking at the apps available to install on OS6, what's the difference between NAStools' Transmission NT and Poussin's Transmission for Readynas as I inadvertently installed both and couldn't tell the difference.

NAStool's app is newer - I suggest you use his and uninstall the older one from Poussin.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: What's the difference between Transmission NT and Transmission for Readynas?

@ChunkySocks wrote:

Looking at the apps available to install on OS6, what's the difference between NAStools' Transmission NT and Poussin's Transmission for Readynas as I inadvertently installed both and couldn't tell the difference.

NAStool's app is newer - I suggest you use his and uninstall the older one from Poussin.

Message 2 of 5
ChunkySocks
Guide

Have actually done a factory reset as I was having problems with the Permission denied error and trying to troubleshoot it (for another thread if I can't work it out!) but what about µTorrent or is NAStools the most updated torrent client there is atm?

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The NASTools one would be the one to go with.

Message 4 of 5
ChunkySocks
Guide

Thanks for both of your replies.

Installed and working well.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements