× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Where are the files I downloaded on my phone with ReadyCloud app?

Jshoe
Tutor

Where are the files I downloaded on my phone with ReadyCloud app?

Where are the files I downloaded on my phone with ReadyCloud app? I use an Android phone and cannot find them... thanks

Message 1 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Where are the files I downloaded on my phone with ReadyCloud app?

Hi @Jshoe

You can use your file explorer and search ReadyCloud and the folders should show.

It is usually under (Internal Storage/Download/) or (Internal Storage/Android/data/com.netgear.readycloud/files/Download/)

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 7
Jshoe
Tutor

I checked both those folders on the so card and internal storage. Just cache files. I also checked downloads on both. On the SD card there was a readycloud folder. They weren't in there either. Thanks
Message 3 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Jshoe

Did it finish the download and you were able to see it on the download list of the browser? I downloaded mine by clicking more options then "Download".

Clicking on the file and saying it downloaded, I was also not able to see it at first.

Regards

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

You can use your file explorer and search ReadyCloud and the folders should show.

No, the standard Android File App (I'm talking of a decent Android, like what we have on the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 3) has not acess to the App specific data folder.  

There must be no need to use whatever 3rd party file browsers (like ES File Manager).

@Marc_V wrote:

It is usually under (Internal Storage/Download/) or (Internal Storage/Android/data/com.netgear.readycloud/files/Download/)

The design of ReadyCLOUD App is more than aged in this aspect. These App specific download and cache folders within the App file space is a relict form the past where Apps only had access to this space (on both Android and iOS). Complained several times. There must be way to have things much smarter when it comes to handling downloads. For example the ability to configure a default folder for the downloads would be a start at least.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 5 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @schumaku, why not making a suggestion in the idea section. I will upvote it.

Kind regards

Message 6 of 7
pisgahtime
Aspirant

It seems pretty stupid that an obvious feature like 'choosing the download folder' has to be submitted by users and upvoted... I can put a 128GB SD card in my phone, but my internal storage is limited and will eventually run out.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements