× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Where to download TEAMING Add-on ?

Ezechias
Aspirant

Where to download TEAMING Add-on ?

Hello,

I found many thread about the LACP link aggregation but all links related to download the team add-on, has a 404 error or is down. Can someone plz send me the link. I have a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Ezechias
Aspirant

Thank you all for your responses. I have been exchanging private messages with a Netgear support agent and he remote accessed the NAS, under support mode, to activate the business features. I now have the teaming option appearing under interfaces, without any add-on.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

I don't think you'll see much improvement in speed.  In fact, LACP teaming won't give you any speed increase at all unless you have multiple simultaneous users.  

But I think the post you are looking for is here:  (super_poussin post; 2009-10-16)

Good New guy, my teaming add-on always work after an upgrade 🙂

you can try it :

http://www.readynas.com/contributed/sup ... am_2.1.bin

please reboot after changing Teaming mode and values

Please also notice , the ip @ of your nas can change after teaming.

Message 2 of 5
Rootax
Luminary

And BTW, I know that OS6 is not supported by netgear on Ultra 2, but you don't need a plugin with the new OS, if you decide to give it a try ..

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Rootax wrote:

And BTW, I know that OS6 is not supported by netgear on Ultra 2, but you don't need a plugin with the new OS, if you decide to give it a try ..

Correct.  OS6 is another option if you are willing to rebuild the NAS/restore the data from backup. It is unsupported, but if you are out-of-warranty anyway that might not matter that much to you.

Personally I wouldn't do that just to get teaming - as I said the gain is marginal for most home users.

Message 4 of 5
Ezechias
Aspirant

Thank you all for your responses. I have been exchanging private messages with a Netgear support agent and he remote accessed the NAS, under support mode, to activate the business features. I now have the teaming option appearing under interfaces, without any add-on.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements