× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ZoneminderNT fails to install on RN424 (6.10.1)

ZoneminderNT fails to install on RN424 (6.10.1)

If I try to install the app Zoneminder NT from the apps menu in my RN424 with firmware 6.10.1 I get the error message:

"Apps operation failed   Application nastools-zoneminder cannot be installed"

Why? How to Solve?

Message 1 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @PeterBremer1

Have you tried contacting the Developer? NAStools or check this page.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Appears the Zoneminder package wasn't updaed for a longer time, and the problems are about the same as back in 2017 -> https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Storage-Apps-Current/ZoneMinder-install-failing-on-ReadyNA...

Search before post a new thread please. Similar thread is up for a few months -> https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Storage-Apps-Current/Zoneminder-Install-Failing-on-RN10400...

@Marc_V Netgear should do a litttle bit more than "just" list 3rd party Apps in the repository of available Apps.... 

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@schumaku wrote:

@Marc_V Netgear should do a litttle bit more than "just" list 3rd party Apps in the repository of available Apps.... 

From time to time they have pulled apps that were no longer compatible.  But I think it's been a while since they've done that.

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Well @StephenBwhen we compare effort and quality spent on implementing Open Source packets by the much more application platform oriented QNAP and Synology brands, the conclusion that Netgear is ways behind in this aspect comes near. ReadyNAS OS 6 makes a a great NAS, but does not serve well as a consumer/SOHO/small business application platform.

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@schumaku wrote:

the conclusion that Netgear is ways behind in this aspect comes near. ReadyNAS OS 6 makes a a great NAS, but does not serve well as a consumer/SOHO/small business application platform.

I agree.  Not sure what the reasons are, but it's pretty clear that apps.readynas.com doesn't offer as much as other vendors, and many of the folks who've hosted their apps there haven't maintained them.

https://rnxtras.com is a much better source, but it's only one person's efforts.

Message 6 of 7

"Search before post a new thread please"

DONE THAT !!!

Nothing relevant found.

Also because that info is VERY old refering to old SO versions; It could have been solved in the meantime.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements